Massey compact tractors?

/ Massey compact tractors? #11  
I too looked at Massey's before buying NH. I have one dealer @ 10 miles and another about 50 miles away.
The closest dealer would not negotiate on clean deal price even though he wanted more for a 28hp 1240 with FEL than another dealer wanted for a JD 4300/shuttle shift with FEL. To complicate matters, I had a Kubota L245DT to trade. The Massey dealer never did come up with a value for my old tractor, although he did sound like a used car salesman by asking "what's it take to do this deal?"

I did demo a 1240. The dealer sent it up to my property without loaded tires (R4s), without FEL and without a top link. The machine appeared to do everything that was required, although it is difficult to determine how well it really pulls a two bottom plow when the machine lacks front weight.

In my case, the dealer took the Massey out of contention with the big three.

/ Massey compact tractors? #12  
Hi ya
yep iseki did use to make them but i think there is a tie up with same-duetz group and did read some where that the trans was now built by them also AGCO is the USA dealer for same-duetz group i'll have to look at some books to find where i read it tho
catch ya
JD Kid

/ Massey compact tractors? #13  
My Massey Ferguson 1250 was made by Iseki. All 1200 series and also the 1100 series compacts are made by Iseki. The motor also has the Iseki name cast into almost every part on it.

18-32460-1250sig.gif

/ Massey compact tractors? #14  
Hi ya
i found what i was after it's the MF 3300 not the smaller tractors that has same-deutz trans but i also found out more info on same-deutz /agco SDF (SAME-DEUTZ FAHR) make vineyard/orchard MF's instead of landini (is there a tie with iseki??)AGCO make SDF combines and they are 50-50 (AGCO-SDF) in joint venture selling same,lamborhini and soon deutz in USA
catch ya
JD Kid

/ Massey compact tractors? #15  
I found a used '94 model 1260 compact w/loader and bought it immediately. I was very surprised that I had never before heard of a M.F. compact.

I have rented many Kubota's and really found no major difference between Kubotas in the same size. It handles great has plenty of power and good ergonomics.