Massey Ferguson 1736 General Thread

/ Massey Ferguson 1736 General Thread #121  
Just bought a ingland 3501 winch for my 1736- shuttle shift. Is there a way to keep the PTO running even if I am out of the seat?

Winch comes with a pull rope to engage the winch and you are supposed to be 15 to the side of the winch when operating.

Thanks.
There is a yellow PTO button on the left fender. Set the parking brake and press the button for 10 seconds and your PTO will start spinning.

/ Massey Ferguson 1736 General Thread #122  
There is a yellow PTO button on the left fender. Set the parking brake and press the button for 10 seconds and your PTO will start spinning.

Works perfect, thank you. Also been using my Woodland Mills stump grinder...much better on the 1736 than my little GS2300.

Still need to fix the fuel tank issue...I just fill it up regularly

W

/ Massey Ferguson 1736 General Thread #123  
has anyone found a way to make the fel joystick less sensitive? Even with just slight pressure mine is very jerky compared to my other tractor. was thinking maybe a hydraulic pressure adjust,ent of some kind. Note that I have shuttle shift version.

/ Massey Ferguson 1736 General Thread #124  
has anyone found a way to make the fel joystick less sensitive? Even with just slight pressure mine is very jerky compared to my other tractor. was thinking maybe a hydraulic pressure adjust,ent o

try that black dial under the seat and see if it will slow things down for you. I think you’ll find that you get used to shorter gentler actions even if it doesn’t. Like my buddy said. You won’t get the same degree of feel as you will with the big boys Though, yea I’m jealous…..

/ Massey Ferguson 1736 General Thread #125  
has anyone found a way to make the fel joystick less sensitive? Even with just slight pressure mine is very jerky compared to my other tractor. was thinking maybe a hydraulic pressure adjust,ent of some kind. Note that I have shuttle shift version.
What RPM's are you running when its jerky?

If your working between 2,000 & 2,500 try between 1,500 and 2,000 unless you really need the power.

/ Massey Ferguson 1736 General Thread #126  
That’s engine speed definitely has an effect. Even With the backhoe I seldom run it at the 1800 rpm they call for. 1500 definitely makes handling the hoe a lot more accurate for me . Honestly the full 1800 can be a liability if you are swing around in close proximity to trees and such.
Mines a shuttle as well and I seldom utilize the hand throttle as the foot throttle better suits my needs . That will also help the OP to better control that runaway bucket as well I bet.