Massey Ferguson 35 Frankenstien.......

/ Massey Ferguson 35 Frankenstien....... #11  
Looks to me like a MF35 with a davis loader, looks like dual cylinders added to the bucket, Why do you think you have a 12 speed trans? looks like a 3 speed with Hi/lo for 6 speeds total. Do you have dual clutch/live pto. They made the 35 in several flavors. looks like a Industrial model by the front axle. Post you engine numbers and someone can help id it.

I agree it started out as an industrial model from the photos. Davis was a common FEL of that era when I was looking for a used one for our MF a few years ago. While it does have a ton of welding done over the decades. Clearly the 3PH has been worked hard and beefed up over the years .

Like Brad states if an old machine will start, run well and do the tasks it was designed to do that is about as good as it gets.

Not sure the brand but will look this evening on the mid 70's MF 245 FEL. It just works off of the tractor 3 remotes with the lift arms being single action but double action bucket. In the 35 era single action cylinders were common and many buckets had no cylinders with single action lift on the loader arms.

Also in that era OEM tractor engines were common where it was on a hay baler, farris wheel, tilt-a-whirl, generator, etc so putting a low hour generator engine into a tractor could be a great option. Most likely for the first 20 years that tractor was worked very hard because it was a major investment for that area.

I do think it looks quite nice. If you have seals leaking but not poring I have found the Lucas Hydraulic Oil Booster additive helpful on our 310B JD backhoe and 265 MF farm tractor. It had a bad leak at the PTO even when my FIL was alive and using it but it only has 1300 hours on it today. The brakes were grabbing very bad the first several uses each time I got out on the tractor. The Lucas Booster additive really helped with that. I know my FIL had changed the fluids at one point and I need to and even have the filters and fluid but dumped in one quart of the Lucas that did seem to renew the additive package in the UTF.

Keep us posted. I think a failing starter is the number one reason old iron gets parked. One day they do not start and then they just set on the side line until scrapped.

/ Massey Ferguson 35 Frankenstien.......
Got another question, was looking at he hoses and was wondering where the fill hole is for the loader. I know the engine, ps and hydraulic oil fills are for the tractor, but not the loader. I'm assuming right not its the pipe fittings with the round cap on it to the right of the spool in this pic on the loader arm?
null_zps7ba9ee32.jpg

Appreciate the help I've gotten so far! :thumbsup:

/ Massey Ferguson 35 Frankenstien....... #13  
Last Friday I picked up this tractor. The seller told me it was a Massey Ferguson 35. The diesel engine is not original and that it was from a Generator. :confused2: From what I can tell it also has a 12 speed trans..... It is in a bit of a rought condition but works and its able to do what I need around the recent land purchase I made. What I am looking for now is to confirm what it is and ID the front loader as well. I do have a Photobucket account and have posted pics of it from different angles and some close ups.Here is the link to the photobucket account.
Massey Ferguson Photos by ewgoetz | Photobucket

I have already ordered a shifter boot and I think I got the correct Dual shifter boot as well for the revers bar/High low gear shifter. Ordered a servce and operators manual from amazon. Got a new leveling lift arm on the way as well to replace the left side which was welded together. Today I picked up a New top link. I'm working on making a new lever for the 3rd spool for the hydraulics(im planning to get a skidloader hitch attachment for it). Any help in identifying anything else that may be wrong to a issue on it would be very appreciated. ALso on the list of things to do is replace/reroute some of the hydraulic hoses.... specifically the one that's in the way of the right foot.
:D

On the right hand main loader frame there appears to be a shadow or dark spot in the paint. Check it out to see if it is model no. and serial number tag.

/ Massey Ferguson 35 Frankenstien....... #14  
Got another question, was looking at he hoses and was wondering where the fill hole is for the loader. I know the engine, ps and hydraulic oil fills are for the tractor, but not the loader. I'm assuming right not its the pipe fittings with the round cap on it to the right of the spool in this pic on the loader arm?
null_zps7ba9ee32.jpg

Appreciate the help I've gotten so far! :thumbsup:

in front of the handles is that metal dome with the single screw going through it. Remove that screw and you should find a open filter , remove the filter holder and thats where you can add fluid. Should also be a small plug in the body of the loader frame to remove. fill with fluid until it runs out the hole.

Did you determine what engine you have? STd Diesel or perkins?

Found somestampings on the block:
Ds
null_zps95a546c6.jpg

Ps
null_zps6504251b.jpg

Need to get another pic of that last stamping, though it started with E didn't see the 8 I think before the E.

Stil not positive on the engine make/model. Not to concerned about it now seeing its running strong. More concerned on the loader & its hydraulics. I did order a new set of gauges for it, realized the fuel gauge wasn't working after I changed out the fuel sender(its float was filled with fuel.).

Got new boots on the shifters, not perfect but better than what was there.
null_zps7542b185.jpg

/ Massey Ferguson 35 Frankenstien....... #16  
That is the boot protecting the plunger for your draft control spring. I replaced that boot. You have to remove the retainer ring showing in your picture. I have that documented in my Refurbish thread which might give you some insight on what you need to do. It's a pretty big job if rust is involved. The MF35 Industrial may vary slightly from the 135 but the parts are probably the same.

That is the boot protecting the plunger for your draft control spring. I replaced that boot. You have to remove the retainer ring showing in your picture. I have that documented in my Refurbish thread which might give you some insight on what you need to do. It's a pretty big job if rust is involved. The MF35 Industrial may vary slightly from the 135 but the parts are probably the same.

Would the be the boots correct name?
Hydraulic Control Spring Boot

/ Massey Ferguson 35 Frankenstien....... #18  
That would be it. I had to get new parts for most of mine. I could not separate the yoke from the spring rod. Hacksaw time. MF used a special tool to remove the retainer ring. I most cases that ring is seized and has to be spun out with a chisel which has to be replaced as well. -kid

That would be it. I had to get new parts for most of mine. I could not separate the yoke from the spring rod. Hacksaw time. MF used a special tool to remove the retainer ring. I most cases that ring is seized and has to be spun out with a chisel which has to be replaced as well. -kid

Good to know, I'll start soaking that area now with pb blaster.

/ Massey Ferguson 35 Frankenstien....... #20  
Here's an exploded view of the spring assembly on mine. I snipped from www.agcopartsbook.com if you use Internet Explorer with v8+ is should have Silverlight installed. Silverlight is kind of like a PDF viewer, zoom move around with mouse and print options. It's helped many a owners here locate part numbers while scavenging for parts.

I replaced parts 17, 18, 20, 21 and 22.