Massey Ferguson GC2310 vs. Kubota BX23

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Massey Ferguson GC2310 vs. Kubota BX23 #31  
OK...finally a reasoned answer here. And to those who took offense....I never said the Massey was not an equal to the Kubota...NEVER. But so far no one has pointed out an logical reason one would choose the Massey over the Kubota, at the prices listed by the original poster. No where have I personally attacked another member, but if you take offense to asking hard questions...I can't help that. We are talking about a lot of money here.

I am not brand blinded either. If NH. had the TLB, I would probably own one for the odd fact that they have a tie to Ford...at least they used to.

And as for the presented scenario......if the Massey was thousands cheaper, I would probably not have the same opinion in this matter and would be encouraging the guy to check it out.

/ Massey Ferguson GC2310 vs. Kubota BX23 #32  
Here's a perspective from a guy who owns neither machine, nor anything more than a push mower at this time. I did own a sub compact over 10 years ago on the other side of the country, so I have a little experience with them, and spent my life growing up, on garden tractors.

I have purchased a larger property, and am now doing the research into sub-compacts, and plan to purchase one sometime in the next couple of months.

There is one Kubota/NH dealer and one MF/Deere dealer within 15 minutes of me. There is another MF dealer about a half hour away. Neither MF dealer has or has yet gotten in a GC2310. The Kubota dealer had a BX23 that I was able to test out back in the dirt. The MF/Deere dealer tried pushing me away from the little MF and into a Deere and said they could order the GC2310 for me, but had no plans to ever get one in as a stock item. The other MF dealer was interested in getting one in for me, so they could check it out themselves.

So, between those 2 machines, I will most likely go with the Kubota because of the availability of the BX compared to the GC in my area. I think the GC may be a little better than the BX on paper, but unless I can go sit on a GC, and can count on the dealer service dept. being familiar with the GC, it makes more sense for me to go with the BX.

The Kubota dealer sells many more BX's, and therefore should be able to get parts quicker, and probably sees more BX's and/or their components in the service dept than the MF dealer does. And when it's my turn to take my machine in for service, the dealer's amount of experience, whether good or bad with a particular unit, is better than no experience at all.

The Kubota salesman also appeared to know a lot more about the BX than any of the MF salesmen knew about the GC, because of the number of machines they'd seen and the amount of time they'd been able to spend with the respective machines. In addition, many BX's (22 & 23) have been sold in the US for a few years now, whereas this is the first year that the GC is available here.

All of those factors are what's making my decision between the BX and the GC a much easier one since I'm looking at purchasing in the near future.

/ Massey Ferguson GC2310 vs. Kubota BX23 #33  
WCHP: It is likely you are going to love whichever tractor you get and from that point on unless you get a lemon will be somewhat loyal to that brand. It will be fun to work with and you will look for oportunities to go out and get on it.

Most of us amatuer tractor owners wind up fretting over so many details that wind up not mattering when we are cutting grass or moving piles of dirt or gravel.

Here is my list of things you should have:

Front end loader...... didn't know I needed it when I started shopping and now that I know how to use it I can't imagine buying a CUT without one

Mower: I like my 60 inch MMM

Four Wheel drive.... a must with a FEL

Diesel... love the sound and smell

Power steering

Box blade and/or regular blade... I have both and don't know which I like more.

0% financing.... I have it with the Kubota... do the math to know what it is worth

Enough ground clearance.... I have it with the 7610.... it would have been close with the BX

Filled R4 tires glad I didn't get turf....

For about 18,500 I got everything listed below in my signature line........

My total Kubota experience is just under 50 hours at this time.... I like mine.... You will like whatever you get.

/ Massey Ferguson GC2310 vs. Kubota BX23 #34  
<font color="blue"> OK, OK, so thats a bit steep. Surely not intending to offend and I hope you are as happy w/ your purchase as I am w/ mine. ( My Orange Crush ) But does being a "veteran" member mean you can throw out personal insults? Lighten up, gee... </font>

I don't see what the personal insult was. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
I try hard not to say things like that, and I didn't intend on that. I did intend on clearing things up--
I'm glad you like your tractor and that you are loyal to the brand name, but my point was, every brand has good and bad dealers and you need to look at EVERY part of the deal before you purchase, not just the price or brand. Service after the sale is just as important! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Here's what I said...

<font color="red"> Mike's point was that you need to look at the facts and see through the saleman's hype when purchasing a tractor. I hardly think comparing a Massey Ferguson with a Yugo is a very fair example to use.

Kubota and Massey Ferguson both make equally comparable products, and that being the case, you need to look at addition things, like service from the dealer.

While I'm glad that Bota Guy and Rainbow6 like their Kubotas, other people may have differenting opinions and may like another color more, and that is OK that other people are different! </font>

I don't see what the personal insult was. All I said was that it was good that other people have differing opinions. It would be boring if everyone was exactly the same. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I personally thought comparing a Massey Ferguson with a Yugo was the comment that was a little steep. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I don't think there's any tractor brand on here that I would talk someone out of, solely because of brand name. I would, however, talk them out of a lower end brand if it qualities of that brand didn't meet their needs.

Let's get back to being a wonderful tractor family of all colors and getting along!
grouphug2.gif

/ Massey Ferguson GC2310 vs. Kubota BX23 #35  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I will most likely go with the Kubota because of the availability of the BX compared to the GC in my area. I think the GC may be a little better than the BX on paper, but unless I can go sit on a GC, and can count on the dealer service dept. being familiar with the GC, it makes more sense for me to go with the BX.

)</font>

Bandit67, I think you are making an excellent choice, an excellent decision based on your local dealers, and I also think you are showing one more time how the local dealer really does matter in the final decision. Turn the dealerships around and you would just as gladly buy the Massey if they were the local shop that stocked the product, had the parts, and knew their product line.

/ Massey Ferguson GC2310 vs. Kubota BX23 #36  
To AndyM
No, No,.. JerryG posted the following quoted here:
"Bota Guy and Rainbow6,
Are you the same person or are we just privileged to have two people that are blind and closed minded in one place? "

It was his post I was referring too, not yours.

/ Massey Ferguson GC2310 vs. Kubota BX23 #37  
<font color="blue">Thats an insult, plain and simple.</font>
I fail to see how the truth is insulting. This is the culmination of your and Bota Guy's posts, showing that the brand that you have is the one and only and everything else is inherently bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.