Backhoe Massey Ferguson TO35

/ Massey Ferguson TO35
No outward leaks, PS needing to be refilled every couple of hours and the trans filling above the full mark. The outside of the tractor around the steering and around the PS lines are all clean. Also, the PS is a bit stiff when first started until the steering unit is recharged with fluid.No sign of water in the trans, ie milky looking.

About my ability, Boiler Tech in the navy and repaired autos, small truck and semi's for a living until I became disabled.

/ Massey Ferguson TO35 #32  
You say your tranny fluid is gaining fluid. You say your PS reservoir is dropping. You have a leak in your pump as you thought. You say you have manuals. Time to get out the wrenches and sockets. There are other forums you might find someone who knows TO35 PS units. Try here. If you have the service manual then your good to go. I'm sure with your training you've worked problems out with only the use of the proper manual.

Hydraulics

Massey Ferguson Owning/Operating

Vintage Tractors

I'm sure there is an answer on this site. You just have to be in the right place and the right time to find them. This is a new subforum and many Fergie TO35 owners don't even know this area exist. So be patient and do a bit of legwork here and you might bump into them.

/ Massey Ferguson TO35
At this time the ol girl is sitting outside covered and so I have to wait till the weather breaks for the better before I get knee deep into her. About an hour away I have a Massey dealer that I am sure will help with all the parts and O-rings I need. Was just looking to see if someone had done this job before and if there was anything I needed to look out for as I tore her apart.This is after all my first Massey.

/ Massey Ferguson TO35 #34  
At this time the ol girl is sitting outside covered and so I have to wait till the weather breaks for the better before I get knee deep into her.

The weather is a problem for many of us right now. In my case, despite having a heated garage, I'm waiting for warmer weather so I can paint my tractor and have adequate ventilation so I don't suffocate myself during the process. Of course I could simply turn the fans on and go for it, but that would defeat the purpose of having a heated garage. :rolleyes:

/ Massey Ferguson TO35 #35  
Rather than leave the forum, just use the " ignore" option for any member you choose. I've done so , but only when the comments were severely rude. As a matter of fact, the member.......well, never mind. On another subject, I'd love to get those thumbnails photos under the " Massey Ferguson 135 Tractor Restoration Project" to enlarge, but I can't seem to do it. What's wrong ?