"massey is not supporting their small utility tractor lines"

/ "massey is not supporting their small utility tractor lines" #41  
Not sure what all your looking for but we have 95%+ Stock Order Fill Rate maybe even higher from AGCO Parts. When service tractors we have sold since 1952...Old Oliver, Minneapolis-Moline, Allis Chalmers, Massey Ferguson and more. A Majority of our parts sales are for tractors over 20 they are the ones finally wearing parts, not the new products 10 years and less. I bet 70 to 75% of parts sales are old products not the last 10 Years. We even service White Tractors built by ISEKI in the 1980's and still have a high fill rate on those models...just about everything that you can afford to purchase or wear items. Sure some of the castings and major components that you would search salvage first may be obsolete but the common high volume parts are readily available. If there is demand AGCO is going to continue to supply. Some manufacturers really start reducing availability at 10 year statue of limitation for parts supply. I seen this on hay equipment HESSTON and New Idea built for other manufacturers...there customers are now coming to AGCO for their parts since they have not built there haytools over 10 years. I'm sure there are examples for every manufacturer of obsolete item or backordered item but AGCO has a Global Supply Chain with Regional Service to each continent. Here the North American AGCO Parts Supply Chain with 4 Master Warehouses and 5 Regional Warehouses.

AGCO Parts.jpg

FYI: 2600 Is still alive and well and new enhancements coming soon. This is the Year of the Utility Tractor for Massey Ferguson and many new updates and models being announced. 2700E has been announced and 4600M. Stay tuned to other new releases coming soon,

/ "massey is not supporting their small utility tractor lines" #42  
I must say that it does seem that Massey is more focused on hi horsepower tractors. I've been to three large farm shows and Massey only has one or two tractors under 50 hp on display. I guess they figure they'll have to sell a dozen or more smalls to equal the profit from one large. Even so I bought a new MF1526 two years age and don't regret it. Not a Kubota person and never will be.

/ "massey is not supporting their small utility tractor lines" #43  
My Kubota dealer claims to be able to get any part for any machine Kubota has imported into North America since the started.
He may have said it, but I don't believe it!

I knew a guy that had a smaller older Kubota (the model escapes me right now) that puked the front ring gear... He and the local dealer looked hi and lo for a new ring and pinion, It was NO LONGER AVAILABLE from Kubota, so they were scouring salvage yards for months, looking for used parts...

That's NOT the first time I've heard that about older Kubota parts, either...

SR

/ "massey is not supporting their small utility tractor lines" #44  
He may have said it, but I don't believe it!

I knew a guy that had a smaller older Kubota (the model escapes me right now) that puked the front ring gear... He and the local dealer looked hi and lo for a new ring and pinion, It was NO LONGER AVAILABLE from Kubota, so they were scouring salvage yards for months, looking for used parts...

That's NOT the first time I've heard that about older Kubota parts, either...

SR

The claim was "any machine Kubota has imported into North America." Not all Kubotas in the US were imported by Kubota. Gray market Kubotas are imported privately, Kubota makes a point of not supporting them.

/ "massey is not supporting their small utility tractor lines" #45  
I must say that it does seem that Massey is more focused on hi horsepower tractors. I've been to three large farm shows and Massey only has one or two tractors under 50 hp on display. I guess they figure they'll have to sell a dozen or more smalls to equal the profit from one large. Even so I bought a new MF1526 two years age and don't regret it. Not a Kubota person and never will be.

Massey Ferguson is a Full Line Brand from 22.5 HP Sub Compacts to 400 HP High Horsepower Tractors. Currently there are 39 Models Provided in 162 Versions (Cab, 2wd, PFA, Classic, Deluxe, Premium Packages, etc). Plus Massey Ferguson sells Combines, Hay tools, Manure Spreaders and More. That would take a Huge Lot to display every model and version. If it is not a National Show like Farm Progress, Husker Harvest or National Farm Machinery Show...the local dealer or dealers pay the expenses for the show cost. The shows we help sponsor we try to provide a mix of models and equipment and change from year-to-year and we try to prioritize new models but also depends on available inventory at the dealership and what the primary audience of the show is. I can tell you Professional Producer business is very competitive and very low margins...one of the reasons we have focused more and more of our business towards CUE (Compact & Utility Equipment) Business it fits more of the majority of our customer base and the Hay & Cattle Business. We stock very few big tractors since they are more custom order items where the CUE business is more impulse and Ride & Decide and why we stock numerous models and configurations to give a good example but many times that is not enough and we have to find the perfect tractor for the customer.

/ "massey is not supporting their small utility tractor lines" #46  

The slowest selling tractors this year and much of last year for all brands are the big tractors. The farm economy has been very tough and many loaded up on new equipment in 2011 thru 2013 when crop prices wete swell. And the fastest growing sector today in tractors is scut and small cut. Massey has been doing a great deal of scut expansion since 2013.

/ "massey is not supporting their small utility tractor lines" #47  
Massey Ferguson is a Full Line Brand from 22.5 HP Sub Compacts to 400 HP High Horsepower Tractors. Currently there are 39 Models Provided in 162 Versions (Cab, 2wd, PFA, Classic, Deluxe, Premium Packages, etc). Plus Massey Ferguson sells Combines, Hay tools, Manure Spreaders and More. That would take a Huge Lot to display every model and version. If it is not a National Show like Farm Progress, Husker Harvest or National Farm Machinery Show...the local dealer or dealers pay the expenses for the show cost. The shows we help sponsor we try to provide a mix of models and equipment and change from year-to-year and we try to prioritize new models but also depends on available inventory at the dealership and what the primary audience of the show is. I can tell you Professional Producer business is very competitive and very low margins...one of the reasons we have focused more and more of our business towards CUE (Compact & Utility Equipment) Business it fits more of the majority of our customer base and the Hay & Cattle Business. We stock very few big tractors since they are more custom order items where the CUE business is more impulse and Ride & Decide and why we stock numerous models and configurations to give a good example but many times that is not enough and we have to find the perfect tractor for the customer.

MO MF Dealer, That's very good information. I now understand as to why there may of only been a few smaller machines there. I'm quite the fan of Massey Ferguson, own some and wear they're apparel proudly. Unfortunately in my area, the local Massey dealer closed. It was a small Family dealer and the owner passed away, pretty much did the dealer in. Now the nearest dealer is an hour away. I've talked to many people who bought tractors recently and from their research like the Massey's better but bought other brands because of the dealerships being closer. I wish Massey would/could open another one up around here!

/ "massey is not supporting their small utility tractor lines" #48  
My Kubota dealer closed when one of the partners passed away, we do have a decent Massey dealer though...

SR

/ "massey is not supporting their small utility tractor lines" #49  
MO MF Dealer, That's very good information. I now understand as to why there may of only been a few smaller machines there. I'm quite the fan of Massey Ferguson, own some and wear they're apparel proudly. Unfortunately in my area, the local Massey dealer closed. It was a small Family dealer and the owner passed away, pretty much did the dealer in. Now the nearest dealer is an hour away. I've talked to many people who bought tractors recently and from their research like the Massey's better but bought other brands because of the dealerships being closer. I wish Massey would/could open another one up around here!

I have several massey dealers within a 35 mile radius, with one just 5 miles away. But I chose a really good dealer 2 hours away instead.

A really good dealer is worth it . . its an investment. I have never understood why proximity is a deciding factor in large purchases like vehicles and equipment.

So what makes a really good dealer ?
A. Well to start with, a very knowledable and capable sales department that is responsive. Size is not the issue but awareness and customer skills are.

B. Service departments that mirror the same qualities as sales dept. . . . except technically.

C. An appearance of backups and longevity. I dont care if a dealership has been open 50 years or not . . but rather that it WILL likely be operational the next 15 or 20.

Last edited:
   / "massey is not supporting their small utility tractor lines" #50  
I have a 2012 GC1710 and have had the worst time with parts. Granted I only had 2 breakdowns, but my backhoe was down for months and I only had 97 hours on the machine total when it broke! I'm lucky if there was 10 hours on the thing when it broke too! MF changed the parts and never updated the bulletins, or was my dealer too lazy to look it up??? They constantly call them MYSTERY FERGUSON and yet it took me 4 times to go back and forth to FINALLY get the right part. It also looked to me that it was a manufacturing defect, because why else would they change the part (actually to a smaller part too!) I also broke a steering link, and that took 2 times to get the right one, but that was definitely my DEALERS fault. When I went to get the part the first time the guy at the counter who I order the part with 4 days prior and said 'this isn't right' he said 'well you called me with the part #'. I'm like WTF, duh, I CAME INTO THE STORE and showed him the part. After the backhoe debacle I gave up on looking up the part number! I love my salesman but the parts guys SUCK. My salesman said they can't even get parts either because the backhoe maker went belly up. I'm hoping it will last me to next spring and then I can sell it...too bad it is a handy machine.