Snow Massy GC2400 with 2360 snowblower- chute deflector rotating motor replacement?

/ Massy GC2400 with 2360 snowblower- chute deflector rotating motor replacement? #11  
Right?? THAT is why I want to find out the make/model of the motor unit. Must be available somewhere online.

I might stretch a balloon or something over it to weatherproof it. Or maybe 3d print a cover/shield over the entire thing. We have the technology :)

Here's a link to some discussions on this, primarily the chute actuator but click on the photo. I covered the rotator motor with an oval yogurt container cutout to fit. These motors are your typical vehicle window motors, the catch is finding one that has less than snail pace rpm rpm's and the same diameter gear.

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/massey-ferguson-owning-operating/407213-anybody-ever-replaced-linear-actuator.html?highlight=yogurt#post5315024

/ Massy GC2400 with 2360 snowblower- chute deflector rotating motor replacement?
Well I found out what was wrong with mine. I took off the motor with the 3 7/16's bolts, then took off the motor cap revealing the armature. Don't do that, not needed.
When I removed everything there was just a bare shaft sticking out. I removed the flat round plate covering the gear and all seemed fine in there but the shaft didnt spin in the hub. Hmmm...:confused: (I'm getting there)
When I went back to the tractor and loosened the lock screws, the gear came out. What had happened is somehow the little tiny snap ring came off, leaving the thrust washer, snap ring, gear and o-ring all in the shaft assembly away from the motor assembly.
Put everything back together, peened the round cover back on, and tightened everything up, seems to be fine. The only thing I am not really sure how to adjust is what I would call the backlash screw, I tightened it 1/32nd of a turn at a time until it slowed down the motor, then backed off the same amount. Weird mickey mouse setup.
I hope it works, but am going to buy another one of some sort to have ready to go. pita.

We should start a thread called 'what did you fix on your Massey today?':mur:

Last edited:
   / Massy GC2400 with 2360 snowblower- chute deflector rotating motor replacement? #13  
   / Massy GC2400 with 2360 snowblower- chute deflector rotating motor replacement?
funny- no pic available. Googled the part #, bunch of sites have the exact same thing, and no pic available

/ Massy GC2400 with 2360 snowblower- chute deflector rotating motor replacement? #15  
funny- no pic available. Googled the part #, bunch of sites have the exact same thing, and no pic available

Yeah that pisses me off. I did notice the weight was 2.1 pounds however. Same weight as the motor I just installed and 1/2 pound heavier than the two units I used previously.

I just noticed you're in Canada, Cdn list price is $238.64

This exact motor is out there somewhere in handfuls for well under $100 cdn. Smoke and mirrors,.

I have 1 coming from Amazon, cost $60 and looks exactly the same. Have to see when it shows up. I appreciate it Jay.

/ Massy GC2400 with 2360 snowblower- chute deflector rotating motor replacement? #17  
I have 1 coming from Amazon, cost $60 and looks exactly the same. Have to see when it shows up. I appreciate it Jay.

Good luck.

A direct oem replacement for back up purposes can be found here for a lot less than what massey charges.

Kubota: ACTUATOR MOTOR, Part # 76-48

Lol Mr Personality him self answered the phone at Missick- I said I had a part #, gave it to him, asked if he could see a picture of it.
'Naw'
I said I had been trying to get a pic to compare, see if they were the same.
silence
I asked if it was odd that they could not bring up a pic either?
'Naw'.

Okie dokie kthxbai.

lol

A direct oem replacement for back up purposes can be found here for a lot less than what massey charges.

Kubota: ACTUATOR MOTOR, Part # 76-48

I talked to Massey parts here- IF it is an exact replacement Massey will match the price! Their cost on the motor is the same as what Kubota sells it for retail. So that tells me that Kubota has higher buying power, and likely has the same profit margin on this part. I told Massey when the Amazon one gets here I will take it to them and compare. $60 for Amazon, $156 for Kubota, $380 for Massey. Things that make you go hmmmm

After the teardown mine is working great, I think the only issue was that the circle clip had come off. When I had it apart though I put the cap on backwards, reversed the polarity on the magnets. Switch is backwards now, although not a big deal.