Max 28 xl

/ Max 28 xl #12  
Max 28 xl
Have you guys had any problems with the parking brake?

/ Max 28 xl #14  
I have not had problems with the park brake that I notice. What problem are you having?

/ Max 28 xl #15  
I've got about 3.5 hours on mine. I don't know that mine has a parking brake, it's HST, so it just kinda.. doesn't move when it's off. This is the first tractor I've owned, only the second one I've driven (the other was a MF scut at the dealer where I bought my mahindra). very easy to opperate so far, except for the backhoe. I've struggled with that, but I got my first stump this afternoon! I suspect an axe and a helper would make that process go *much* faster, but it was entirely too much fun. I used the bucket to smooth the dirt back out after the fact.

I think I'll fab a thumb up soon, I can already tell I'll be moving and dragging stuff around with the hoe.

/ Max 28 xl #16  
I have a couple pictures, just snapped em with my phone, nothing fancy

147846686.jpg

little diesel
147855786.jpg

headlights
147855784.jpg

taillights
147855785.jpg

workin' out the hoe
147859837.jpg

greaaat success[/borat]
147859838.jpg

no, that's not me striking a pose.

I may have scored the ultimate win as well, apparently the wife wants to take the xmas card picture in front of the house on the tractor (she says "these are the two big things we've done this year" ). I'da just settled for general ambivalence towards it, as much fun as she had on my ztr, I may never get the **** thing back if she gets on it to play around.

Last edited:
   / Max 28 xl #17  
Linuxman51,

Your Max certainly does have a parking brake and you need to learn how to use it.

Read the manual for best clarity, but all you need to do is firmly push down on both brake pedals and engage a lever under the steering column to hold them in position. To release, just step on the pedals again.

Dennis

/ Max 28 xl #18  
Indeed you are correct. It's next to the cruise control to the right of the column tilt.