Max28 FEL quick attach

/ Max28 FEL quick attach #21  
What? How dare you suggest there might have been something that I didn't know!

:newhere: :rolleyes:

Me too, me too. I'm dumbfounded when I realize that I didn't know what I thought that I knew. :rolleyes: And it is always nice to learn something new. ;)

/ Max28 FEL quick attach #23  
OK... so I think in principal we agree...

And yes I know for 100% from experience that warranty can be denied for things like that. I happened to have just spent the morning processing loader warranty claims... ;)

The major sticking point is that the smaller the unit... the easier it is to add something to it that will tear it up like you were alluding to...

and in response to another post about Kubota... I have yet to find an OE QA offered for a similarly sized machine...

I made a comment earlier on that the B2920 has a QA option. The pictures and stories I was looking at were referring to After Market QA add on's. I had to go back and re-read some of the stuff to figure that out. My apologies. Maybe a Messicks can comment on rather or not simply adding an After Market QA is enough to void the warranty.

/ Max28 FEL quick attach #24  
I made a comment earlier on that the B2920 has a QA option. The pictures and stories I was looking at were referring to After Market QA add on's. I had to go back and re-read some of the stuff to figure that out. My apologies. Maybe a Messicks can comment on rather or not simply adding an After Market QA is enough to void the warranty.

Yeah, I would be curious what Neil would say about Kubota's stance on such things. And no need to apologize at all! We're all just thinking out loud here! :D

/ Max28 FEL quick attach #25  
I just looked and Kubota does not offer any QA for the B2920 and I didn't bother looking at any BXs.

The Kubota B1658 Quick Attach Coupler pins on directly to the B2920's LA364 loader.

/ Max28 FEL quick attach #26  
I don't think it's so much a question of rather or not you can put a QA from a larger Kubota tractor on the B, or get an after market. I think the question now is rather or not it would void the warranty, as the B is not offered with one. Didn't see that mentioned in the thread you posted.

I can't imagine how a pin-on bucket (48", 50", 54", 60" in the Kubota B series case) or a factory QA could possibly cause warranty issues, any more than a different bucket on a Mahindra would. The loaders will only lift so much before going into relief, and a QA isn't going to affect that. The easiest way to damage a loader is with a factory-approved set of pin-on forks (providing maximum lift capacity near the pivot pins) carrying a long heavy item (long moment arm) over rough terrain. That can put enormous loads on the loader frame and hydraulic rams - enough to cause damage.

/ Max28 FEL quick attach #27  
The loaders will only lift so much before going into relief, and a QA isn't going to affect that.

As has been pointed out on this thread, that may not matter if you lift something close to max capacity, then go over a bump or a pothole while transporting it. That comment did leave me wondering whether the, "relief is only in circuit when the loader joystick is not centered," situation was specific to Mahindra, or was more generally true.

/ Max28 FEL quick attach #28  
As has been pointed out on this thread, that may not matter if you lift something close to max capacity, then go over a bump or a pothole while transporting it. That comment did leave me wondering whether the, "relief is only in circuit when the loader joystick is not centered," situation was specific to Mahindra, or was more generally true.

This will always be true. I can think of no situation where this would not be the case as far as the loader goes.

/ Max28 FEL quick attach #29  
The Kubota B1658 Quick Attach Coupler pins on directly to the B2920's LA364 loader.

While this is possible, that does not indicate that it is approved by Kubota. If it was OEM approved, would it not be listed as an option for the B2920 loader? :confused3:

/ Max28 FEL quick attach #30  
I think it all comes down to good common sense, regardless of pin-on or quick attach. Misuse can make almost anything fail!! :2cents: