Maybe a new truck Ford or Dodge?

/ Maybe a new truck Ford or Dodge? #262  
If it is handled like the VW dieselgate fiasco, only vehicles that had been repaired could be registered for road use.

^Yup. So it's your option...you don't have to take it in when you get the recall notice. But if you don't get the certification that the recall was done then you can't renew the registration.

/ Maybe a new truck Ford or Dodge? #263  
^Yup. So it's your option...you don't have to take it in when you get the recall notice. But if you don't get the certification that the recall was done then you can't renew the registration.
Then I'll be sure to get a 2-year registration, postponing it as much as possible.

In the meantime I'll be able to find out from others how good or bad the change is. And that's if my derated engine is even affected by this recall.

/ Maybe a new truck Ford or Dodge? #264  
Then I'll be sure to get a 2-year registration, postponing it as much as possible.

In the meantime I'll be able to find out from others how good or bad the change is. And that's if my derated engine is even affected by this recall.

Luckily for some, not all states in all areas emissions test.

/ Maybe a new truck Ford or Dodge? #265  
Luckily for some, not all states in all areas emissions test.
Yep, and I'm in one that doesn't.

Also, if I stayed within the state it wouldn't even be all that critical for the 3500 to have a current registration. But, it spends far more miles out of state than in it.

/ Maybe a new truck Ford or Dodge? #266  
We don’t have emissions in PA (for now). Don’t know if it affects my ‘20 5500.
Hope not. Thing just runs STRONG.

/ Maybe a new truck Ford or Dodge? #267  
We don’t have emissions in PA (for now). Don’t know if it affects my ‘20 5500.
Hope not. Thing just runs STRONG.
As I recall, the numbers were surprisingly low, 390,000 I think, which makes me think that it's a "sub species" that is affected. And my most likely suspect would be the HO pickups.

If that's indeed the case, those of us with lower power numbers and (my guess) lower emission concerns are probably okay.

Time will tell, we have one C&C and one HO pickup.

/ Maybe a new truck Ford or Dodge? #268  
As I recall, the numbers were surprisingly low, 390,000 I think, which makes me think that it's a "sub species" that is affected. And my most likely suspect would be the HO pickups.

If that's indeed the case, those of us with lower power numbers and (my guess) lower emission concerns are probably okay.

Time will tell, we have one C&C and one HO pickup.

More like 960k, 2500-3500, years '13-'23. Didn't say anything about 4500-5500's. However, it appears Nissan, Paccar and Daimler might be included.

This:

The formal settlement, which will need court approval, will be made public as early as next month.

Afraid the bomb shell is going to get bigger...

RAM-owner Stellantis declined to comment.

Cummins previously said U.S. regulators were scrutinizing Nissan Titan trucks from the 2016 to 2019 model years and that it was developing a new software calibration and hardware fix and would recall the trucks.

Cummins previously took $59 million in charges to address the costs of the RAM and Titan recalls. Nissan did not immediately comment Friday.

The company, which also counts PACCAR and Daimler Trucks North America as its customers, said about $1.93 billion is expected to be paid in the first half of 2024.

In August 2022, the U.S. business of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles -- now a unit of Stellantis -- pleaded guilty to criminal conspiracy and paid nearly $300 million to resolve a multi-year U.S. Justice Department diesel-emissions fraud probe. FCA US LLC was also sentenced to a three-year term of organizational probation.

/ Maybe a new truck Ford or Dodge? #269  
Boy, once the EPA gets ahold of ya, you might as well just surrender.
They’ll have Greta Tunaburger there to crucify you in public.

1703336622115.gif

Last edited: