Maybe a new truck Ford or Dodge?

/ Maybe a new truck Ford or Dodge? #271  
It's going to be a great time to buy a heavy duty truck. Thankfully I have no need for one and certainly don't want to have to drive one of the things.

/ Maybe a new truck Ford or Dodge? #272  
27 pages of regulations and govt. mandated problems when you boil it down. 😒

Having whittled down my pickup fleet since retiring to my old 99 f450 (that's not geared for the highway) and a Tacoma, I rented a ram 3/4 pickup for a week to tow a little 2 axle 10k trailer. It had the Cummins. I had one last trip to get some odds and ends out of our farm after selling it this past July and it's a 650 mile trip each way.
If may have been my first time ever even sitting in a Cummings pickup let alone operating a modern (post early 2000's diesel). I was thoroughly impressed with the power and economy. Empty dragging the little trailer at 75 mph+, I worked the fuel average up to 19.3 mpg for the 650 miles empty.
Returning loaded was close to what I remember getting empty with my 01 f350 psd.
What most impressed me was that exhaust brake👍. Wow!
I liked the truck, just didn't like it or need it enough to justify the $70k that would be much more useful spent on another tractor or SS.

Don't get me started on the
F U fob or the "screen" or other electronics. 🤣

/ Maybe a new truck Ford or Dodge? #273  
These guys discuss dieselgate 2.0 with the Cummins epa issue. They think, just like with the 3.0 Ecodiesel, that some recall and fix will happen with the affected Ram trucks. There are many questions like....did Ram know about the cheat? What will happen to the power after the fix? What will happen to resale?

/ Maybe a new truck Ford or Dodge? #274  
Whew! Thank the Lord I got my 2020 Cummins/Ram before Merrick Garlick breath legislates & fines them out of existence.
Ain no time to be a man that farms, ranches, mines or does logging!

1703387123236.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Maybe a new truck Ford or Dodge? #276  
These guys discuss dieselgate 2.0 with the Cummins epa issue. They think, just like with the 3.0 Ecodiesel, that some recall and fix will happen with the affected Ram trucks. There are many questions like....did Ram know about the cheat? What will happen to the power after the fix? What will happen to resale?

Makes me wonder if the "fix" will cut the MPG by 30% and Big loss of HP and Torque and then maybe save 10% on emissions.
A win in the EPA's mind SMH,
Even though diesel use will increase- but since it is taxed also a win. Cough.
Who gets the money ? the EPA themselves?

There are days having older diesel trucks and tractors seems like a blessing.

/ Maybe a new truck Ford or Dodge? #277  
The EPA only enforces the Clean Air Act rules. Cummins knew the rules and apparently chose to break them. They got caught. Will it end up like VW and they will buy back, repair, scrap trucks? Will Ram sue Cummins? Who knows at this point.

/ Maybe a new truck Ford or Dodge? #278  
Also this came in an email today,

View attachment 839310
These kind of "offers" are usually a lot less than meets the eye. It probably just applies to one truck, likely one that's been sitting for a while...notice the ad only references one stock #. If you went to buy it, you'd probably be told that it was already sold. Classic bait & switch.

/ Maybe a new truck Ford or Dodge? #279  
What would be real amazing is if “merrick” could shift from blowing up the few American Industrial companies we have left. Instead, prosecute those who allow drug cartels to smuggle drugs across the border that kill 100,000 American kids per year, or human trafficking where Mexican & South/Central American women & children are raped & abused every day.

Last edited: