McCormick "Farmall" tractors

/ McCormick "Farmall" tractors #21  
Re: McCormick \"Farmall\" tractors

Don't know I think your right maybe I can pick up one in better shape and get this one for parts.

/ McCormick "Farmall" tractors #22  
Re: McCormick

The tractor sounds pretty rough. Does the engine turn over, or is it stuck? Mine was running pretty good when I got it, but I have heard storis about folks taking a stuck tractor, soaking the cylindrs with diesel, and then gently pulling the tractor to get the engine loose. Then it's a matter of firing it up.

All the stuff to fix what you mention is easily available. Lot's of folks sell parts, the ytmag.com classifieds have them all the time.

There was a parts tractor a hour from me for $500 a few months ago....

I do know that my Farmall was found under a falling down shed, with a stuck motor. It had new rings and bearing installed, all easily done with the motor still in the tractor.

I looked at my tractor, thast's a heck of a place to break, on that main front support. You can get the parts easily enough.

I guess the big thing is, what are you looking for? A toy to work on, a parade rig?

/ McCormick "Farmall" tractors #23  
Re: McCormick

I just think those are the coolist(?) little tractors made. I gotta have one! Even just to tinker on.

/ McCormick "Farmall" tractors #24  
Howdy Ya'll,
I have the opportunity to buy a 1952 Farmall Cub that someone else started to re build. They have taken it apart and repainted some of it. They have purchased what parts need to be replaced. The asking price is $ 1000.00 to haul it away. It starts and runs well. A little smoke when started. The question is. Would this be worth doing ? I just finished my 62 Ford 2000 last week and the wife said I could buy it if I intend to resale ( no more room ). I really do not know much about the Farmalls values or market. But I really like the challenge of these rebuilds. What do ya think?

/ McCormick "Farmall" tractors #25  
very old thread 9 yrs they arent gonna respond