McCormick vs the others

/ McCormick vs the others #11  
McCOrmick CT Series are made by LS.

McCormick other series are either manufactured by McCormick or Landini and both owned by Argo spa. They use Perkins engines and Cummins Engines depending on size.

The Landini and McCormick transmissions are from their transmission plants in France I believe.

Let me confuse you. Mitsubishi manufactures Cat engines for Cat, Perkins engines for Perkins and Cta owns Perkins as well as their own. LS manufactures Mitsubishi engines under a license from Mitsubishi. Genuine Mitsubishi engine but manufactured by LS in house. If you look at some Perkins engines in ASV's the 50 and 60hp models they are manufactured Shibaura. Shibaura, the manufacturer of NH and Case? Yip, the same one.

So, we have lots of cross over manufacturing and it takes a long time to sort it all out.

Confusing Ha.

Maka

Not at all confusing, but just to add to it.
Branson tractors are "made" by Kukje in S. Korea, they also make some JD tractors.
The Bransons have engines by Mitsubishi, Yanmar and Cummins - well, not quite.
The "Cummins" engine is in fact manufactured by Kukje (whether under direct license or somehow_ever_else I don't know).
They are adamant that it is NOT a "Cummins" engine.

/ McCormick vs the others #12  
Not at all confusing, but just to add to it.
Branson tractors are "made" by Kukje in S. Korea, they also make some JD tractors.
The Bransons have engines by Mitsubishi, Yanmar and Cummins - well, not quite.
The "Cummins" engine is in fact manufactured by Kukje (whether under direct license or somehow_ever_else I don't know).
They are adamant that it is NOT a "Cummins" engine.

Isn't Kukje tied in with LS Mtron somehow?:confused:----their name shows up on LS Mtron web site???

/ McCormick vs the others #13  
Also like the other thread... Try out the three point hitch on the Kubota L3400... If it jumps up an inch, Don't walk... run away.

I don't like bashing but I would not consider the L3400 because of the 3pt issues. Even if the one you get tests ok I still would not take a chance:mad:. Plus the "other brands" include remotes, stronger loader, other options that are comparable to the Grand series. $ for $ the 'other brand' are a better deal.

For the size you are looking at I know the Montana = Landini, and I think they are the same as McCormick. The engine is a Mitsubishi and the HST transmission is made by Eaton.

You considering HST or Gear only?

/ McCormick vs the others #14  
Sorry if it sounded like bashing... I don't mean to really "run" away but make sure that you do understand about the three point hitch. It does work, although not smoothly, it will go up and down (thus jerking the whole tractor). It is a shame since it's a nice tractor and kubota did use a decent (non-violent) valve for a while but many who have purchased 2008 models have been claiming and video taping the jerky 3ph.

And I do believe resale "value", will suffer because of this blackeye. Lucky, I don't plan to sell any time soon.

I don't like bashing but I would not consider the L3400 because of the 3pt issues. Even if the one you get tests ok I still would not take a chance:mad:. Plus the "other brands" include remotes, stronger loader, other options that are comparable to the Grand series. $ for $ the 'other brand' are a better deal.

For the size you are looking at I know the Montana = Landini, and I think they are the same as McCormick. The engine is a Mitsubishi and the HST transmission is made by Eaton.

You considering HST or Gear only?

/ McCormick vs the others #15  
Montana gets my vote ... I am amazed at the things that I do with my 4340C

/ McCormick vs the others #16  
Sorry if it sounded like bashing... I don't mean to really "run" away but make sure that you do understand about the three point hitch...

I wasn't implying that you were bashing - I was doing it;). I, like you, would like to make sure that potential buyers are aware of this flaw in an otherwise perfect tractor.

The Montana is a great machine; I have a 3940HST and my dad has an L3400 Kubota - both bought within a month of each other for the same price (+/-$500). My Montana is a much bigger machine (39hp) with nice options included. In both of our opinions there is no doubt that the Montana is a better value.

I saw the 4340 at the local fair this fall; THAT is one nice machine.

P.S. The Kubota starts much better than my Montana in the cold:eek:.

/ McCormick vs the others #17  
Just to let everyone know the OP purchased a Kubota GL3240.

/ McCormick vs the others #20  
Don't claim to be an expert on this but know one and he will not agree the Perkins is in the same class as the Kubota. He post here from time to time and knows his tractors. It has been told to me the Perkins is not the same quality material as some other engines thus the lower RPM's they have on top end. Now having said that, the Massey's I know with Perkins do run low RPM's compared to any other diesel I have paid attention to. But have never heard of major problems with them and there use to be a ton of MF in this farming county. It is my guess for most homeowners no more than they run a tractor the life of the engine will not show up in all the years the use them if serviced. True farmer or commercial operation think it will.