McCormick vs the others

/ McCormick vs the others #21  
In general, lower RPM means more torque to make a certain HP, not necessarily what speed the engine will hold together at. For example, I would prefer an engine that makes 30HP at 2000 rpm over one that has to do 3200 rpm to make 30HP. This is one of the main reasons that a 30 HP diesel engine can do more work than a 30HP gas engine... chances are the gas engine will need 3600rpm to get to full HP and the diesel will make that HP at a lower speed because of its higher torque. Older, long stroke, high torque engines run at lower rpm, they can use heavier rods, cranks, etc because they don't have to hold up to the higher RPM, that does not mean it is a weaker engine, probably the oposite. Newer engines run at higher RPM, its a way to get more advertised gross engine HP from a smaller engine. Higher reving engines need less moving mass so internal parts must be made smaller and lighter...

/ McCormick vs the others #22  
GENERALLY
The tractor that makes it's PTO rated horse power at 540 PTO RPM at a lower engine speed will work best for you and likely last longest.
In small diesels the choice is likely to be limited, e.g. somewhere in the 2400 to 2900 RPM range.
IF all else is equal I would prefer the tractor giving 540 PTO at ~2400 engine RPM to one doing it at ~2900 RPM.

/ McCormick vs the others #23  
As for quality. I like the mf. But if it is price then I like Mc. But if you look around there are probably as many or more K dealers out their. So I would say it all depends on you.

/ McCormick vs the others #24  
Kukje and LS are separate S.Korean companies. Not related as far as I can tell.

Kukje's have been sold in the USA as Century, Zetor (C-series) and Branson tractors.

LS (formerly LG, formerly GoldStar) have been sold in the USA as Agracat, TAFE, Farmtrac, Long LandTrac, Montana, McCormick, Landini, and soon LS.

Other S.Korean companies:

TYM (Tong Yang Moolsen) - sold in USA as TYM, Montana (T-series), Scorpion, Mahindra (10-series) and Millenium.

Daedong/Kioti - sold in USA as Kioti, Cub Cadet (8354, 8404 & 8454) and Bobcat.