Meaning of "Meine Ehre Heibt Treue?"

/ Meaning of "Meine Ehre Heibt Treue?" #31  
Re: Meaning of \"Meine Ehre Heibt Treue?\"

Sorry if someone has already posted this, I didn't have time to read all the thread.
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

George Santayana, The Life of Reason, Volume 1, 1905
John

/ Meaning of "Meine Ehre Heibt Treue?" #32  

These knives were used for show only. At one point this would have had several leather straps that would go around the users shoulders. It hung at their side.

I own a similar knive with a different saying. Spending some time on google can turn up pictures of similar knives.

/ Meaning of "Meine Ehre Heibt Treue?" #33  

I couldn't resist this one Brent being the Christmas season and all, but "You'll shoot your eye out kid!" from of course Christmas Story.

/ Meaning of "Meine Ehre Heibt Treue?" #34  
Re: Meaning of "Meine Ehre Heibt Treue?"

when i was looking for a translation on a knife i found in my attic, i found this and also found this Schutzstaffel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia this gives quite a bit of background as well

/ Meaning of "Meine Ehre Heibt Treue?" #35  

That funny "letter" is called a "sharp S" in German .The word is heisst . The verb heisse means "is called" . Ich heisse Tom . (I am called Tom , or I am named Tom). Er heisst Karl (he is called or named Karl) . So your word indicates the verb "is called" or "is named". With this information you can easier translate your sentence .

/ Meaning of "Meine Ehre Heibt Treue?" #37  

Those daggers are worth 200-300 in good condition