Metal building leaking windows

/ Metal building leaking windows #31  
Looks like they used can foam around the windows, you can see a can on the floor by the window in the photo.

Overall it looks like a very well built building and the fact that your contractor has been back so many times already says good things about him.

Careful of all the internet experts here trying to dump on him, so far they are batting 100% wrong.:laughing:

/ Metal building leaking windows #32  
Looks like they used can foam around the windows, you can see a can on the floor by the window in the photo.

Overall it looks like a very well built building and the fact that your contractor has been back so many times already says good things about him.

Careful of all the internet experts here trying to dump on him, so far they are batting 100% wrong.:laughing:

I somehow missed that picture to first time. That's a standard can foam gun so I would say they done it correctly.

/ Metal building leaking windows #33  

Not too well built if the windows are leaking.

Most responses have been how too fix the problem, not dumping on the builder.

/ Metal building leaking windows #34  

From the pics, yea, it looks like he knows what hes doing framing. But batting 100% wrong? Does that mean you agree the builder did the insulation correct with 100% all open cell foam. And no closed cell to act as a vapor barrier?

/ Metal building leaking windows #35  
I've never heard of open cell foam pushing anything. It's pretty soft, which is why it holds water so badly. I don't see any reason to remove the windows at this stage, but the metal does have to come off to fix the problem.

Correct Eddie, my fingers were working faster than my brain. Back in my home building days, i have seen the foam expand though.

Ronnie