Meyer Plow for my tractor

/ Meyer Plow for my tractor
Be careful Chris, its not a dozer blade-just a snow plow.

I do not plan on using this blade for nothing but snow. That is why I am waiting to mount it up. I will use the FEL Bucket and my 7' Woods Grader Blade for the gravel project.

Chris

/ Meyer Plow for my tractor #12  
I do not plan on using this blade for nothing but snow. That is why I am waiting to mount it up. I will use the FEL Bucket and my 7' Woods Grader Blade for the gravel project.

Chris

Got it! I mis-read you post...I read it like you where going to use the plow for that job!

/ Meyer Plow for my tractor #13  
Chris,
Are you going to mount that blade to the bucket or directly to the loader arms? My 6.5' Meyer project is nearly done and it will mount to the Koyker loader arms.

The Meyer original A-Frame is made of tubing and one angle iron. We cut off the chain, hose loops, and the two quick mount lugs, leaving only the bare A-Frame. The moldboard and trip frame are temporarily disconnected. We are boxing in the upper and lower part of the A-frame and making the box as close as possible to the moldboard in order to bring minimize the distance from the loader arms to moldboard.

Each end of the box has two welded vertical brackets that will pick up the four pin holes/pins previously occupied by the bucket. Can send you photos.

The angling valving, with help from Rob, is done along with another valve to the new rear remotes for the log splitter.

Steve I am made a mount to take place of the bucket. I did not want to modify the plow because I may put it on a truck someday. The mount I made can be seen in the pictures. The mount will go on in place of the bucket then the plow will attach to it. I will post pictures in 2-3 days after I am done using the FEL for some gravel work.

Chris

/ Meyer Plow for my tractor #15  
For what it's worth I added pin holes to my fork lift attachment. I remove the forks and mount a plow just like yours to the fork quick attach.

Dan

Attachments

• forks_36.jpg
    forks_36.jpg
    767.3 KB · Views: 979
Great idea Dan. I have forks but they are the clamp on style so I had to make a adapter but I love the way you used what you had.

As for a update on my project today I went to Harbor Freight and bought 3 casters and made a dolly for the plow. Its getting painted now and will post pics latter but it allows me to move the plow with 1 hand and push it to the corner of my barn out of the way.

Chris

Well, its been a few days. Been waiting on parts so on Sunday I built a dolly for the plow. I got the wheels at HF for $2.49 each so it was a cheap project using some steel I had laying around. The main body is built from some track from a electrical project I had done, the main piece is 42" and the T-ed piece is 36" long. The cross braces are made of some 12" pieces of small angle iron. I made the rest out of a piece of 5/8" rod that was 6" long, a few odd pieces of angle iron, and a strip of plywood. I put a piece of rubber on the back to keep the plow from slipping.

Chris

Attachments

• Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    1,002.5 KB · Views: 484
  • Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    932.3 KB · Views: 452
I got the hydraulic hoses and cylinders last night so I mounted up the plow for the first time. I also go the shoes on Tuesday. It worked great. I am just now waiting on the decal kit which may be here today.

Chris

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    1,023.7 KB · Views: 589
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    1,008 KB · Views: 844
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    1,022.8 KB · Views: 918
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    953 KB · Views: 696
   / Meyer Plow for my tractor #19  
Nice..very nice,shall be looking forward to actions pics. :)

Oh yea. I also forgot, I am getting some conveyor material to put back on a Snow Deflector. My friend has tons of it laying around his work. He is getting me a piece but I have not seen him since Sunday to get it. I will post more pics.

Chris