Meyer Plow for my tractor

/ Meyer Plow for my tractor #21  
Very nice! looks like a brand new plow! Looks like its ready to be used either oin truck or tractor, a awesome combination. I love to plow snow when its nice and sunny with my tractor. But when its dark, windy, below 0, no cab, need the driveway cleared for wife and kids- thats when a heated cab or toasty truck is nice. :D nice job so far. How are the hydralics hooked on the tractor ?

/ Meyer Plow for my tractor
Very nice! looks like a brand new plow! Looks like its ready to be used either oin truck or tractor, a awesome combination. I love to plow snow when its nice and sunny with my tractor. But when its dark, windy, below 0, no cab, need the driveway cleared for wife and kids- thats when a heated cab or toasty truck is nice. :D nice job so far. How are the hydralics hooked on the tractor ?

I used my rear remotes for the angle cyldiners. I have custom 1/4" hydraulic hoses made up with 1/2"npt ends for the remote ends so I could install quick connects and had 90 deg 1/4"npt ends put on for the cylinder ends.

Chris

/ Meyer Plow for my tractor #23  
I gotta tell ya. I've been meaning to do this with my 7' sno-way plow that I use on my truck, it's electric over hydraulic, and you have sealed the deal for me. I wasn't sure how I was going to connect to the tractor, but now I know I'm going to make the same frame you did to hook to the loader arms and weld a couple of tabs on there to accept the plow. Mine works on electrical so I just need to run the harmess and the plow does the rest. Thankyou for clearing this up for me. When I start the project I will post pictures. Thanks again for the idea.

I gotta tell ya. I've been meaning to do this with my 7' sno-way plow that I use on my truck, it's electric over hydraulic, and you have sealed the deal for me. I wasn't sure how I was going to connect to the tractor, but now I know I'm going to make the same frame you did to hook to the loader arms and weld a couple of tabs on there to accept the plow. Mine works on electrical so I just need to run the harmess and the plow does the rest. Thankyou for clearing this up for me. When I start the project I will post pictures. Thanks again for the idea.

No problem.

I am worried though that your tractor may need a alternator upgrade to handle a electric plow. Most tractors only have 25 to 40 amp alternators. A good replacement is the GM 1 wire alternators. You can get a 100 amp unit or so for about $50.

Chris

/ Meyer Plow for my tractor #25  
Very nice Chris!. It turned out great. I am looking forward to cleaning mine up next year. Those cylinders are "Powerfist" brand. That is the brand name that is on everything that Princess Auto here in Canada uses. Thats where I mentioned they had the great clearout deals on cylinders and other things. It all Chineese made stuff but the quality seems not bad. Then again our tractors are anyway.

Bring on the snow!

Dave

Princess Auto | Quality Selection Service & Value

Well, got the decals today. I put them all on except for the ones on the hydro cylinders. May do that later but I need to remove the stickers that are on there now. Still waiting on the snow deflector. Maybe this weekend.

Chris

Attachments

• stickers1.jpg
    stickers1.jpg
    520.8 KB · Views: 975
  • stickers2.jpg
    stickers2.jpg
    410.8 KB · Views: 862
Very nice Chris!. It turned out great. I am looking forward to cleaning mine up next year. Those cylinders are "Powerfist" brand. That is the brand name that is on everything that Princess Auto here in Canada uses.

Bring on the snow!

Dave

You are right Dave, they are PowerFist Cylinders. They were 1/2 the price of the Meyers Cylinders and were a perfect fit. Seem to be good quality.

/ Meyer Plow for my tractor #28  
Wow! Very nice job on the whole project. Thanks for the post and pictures.

/ Meyer Plow for my tractor #29  
Very nice job! I think you'll want to add the shoes to the frame too, before you drop the loader too far and scrape your nice paint job the first time. I don't float my FEL but keep it slightly rasied leaving the blade itself float. Even then, I drop it too far sometimes and I'm glad I have some skids on the frame.
I'm sure you are hoping for snow now. Have fun!

Very nice job! I think you'll want to add the shoes to the frame too, before you drop the loader too far and scrape your nice paint job the first time. I don't float my FEL but keep it slightly rasied leaving the blade itself float. Even then, I drop it too far sometimes and I'm glad I have some skids on the frame.
I'm sure you are hoping for snow now. Have fun!

I had thought about this. When I made the frame I put sleeves to accept shoes but have not got the actual shoes yet. You can see them in this picture on the back side.

Chris

Attachments

• paint2.jpg
    paint2.jpg
    519.1 KB · Views: 514