/ MF 135 model identification #1  

Yes Dear

Tractor
MF 135
Hi,
I have just picked up this MF 135 for 1000 AUD
Not sure what year it is.
It has a 4 cyl Bilchrome petrol motor.
Start first kick and all runs well but I have just added a Bosch 3 wire alternator and it is putting out good volts but the reading is very erratic across the battery.
I did install a 2 watt charge lamp on the L terminal of the regulator on back of alternator as mentioned but this does not light up at all.
The lamp does work straight across the battery though.
Battery is brand new.
Amp meter is bypassed as it is broken.
The numbers below is on a tag just above the hand throttle.
Any tips?
Cheers
20150824_110145.jpg20150822_183157.jpg

/ MF 135 model identification #2  
G'day mate.
Looks like you got a bargain.
I just bought a '79 MF 240 in SA. If you ring an AGCO dealer (what Massey is called now), they can look up the serial number and tell you the year which you will need for the rego if you want to use it on the road. Also get a login from the dealer which lets you into the AGCO parts book for the 135 which is really useful. AGCO Parts Books Just search for 135 then choose 135 (GB)...assuming yours was built in Pomsville.
Bareco are good for aftermarket parts and they have dealers all over the country: Bare Co - Home
And if they dont list the part, then Sparex may: Sparex Home Most Bareco dealers can order Sparex for you.
Good luck with it.

/ MF 135 model identification
Cheers stan33
Lots of good info here.
I will follow up today.
Thanks again.

/ MF 135 model identification #4  
G'day mate.
Looks like you got a bargain.
I just bought a '79 MF 240 in SA. If you ring an AGCO dealer (what Massey is called now), they can look up the serial number and tell you the year which you will need for the rego if you want to use it on the road. Also get a login from the dealer which lets you into the AGCO parts book for the 135 which is really useful. AGCO Parts Books Just search for 135 then choose 135 (GB)...assuming yours was built in Pomsville.
Bareco are good for aftermarket parts and they have dealers all over the country: Bare Co - Home
And if they dont list the part, then Sparex may: Sparex Home Most Bareco dealers can order Sparex for you.
Good luck with it.

Login as guest works here

/ MF 135 model identification #5  
Forgot to mention, once you have found the Bareco part you want on their site then you can find out the price and/or order online here:Buy Massey Ferguson Tractor Parts Online, Online Tractor Parts - Heads Tractor Spares
The guys there are very helpful and knowledgeable. They are in QLD. My local Bareco dealer quotes me the same prices as Headstractor so I think they
should be the same everywhere unless you go through a Massey dealer, and then you may pay more for the same Bareco parts.

Headstractor seem to have every Bareco part on their site but to ensure you have the right part number you probably need to check the Bareco site and possibly also the parts book first.

I picked up a Bosch alt from the local wreckers which has a internal reg.
This model is what is commonly used in a conversion from what I have read.
It charges as high as 14.9V but fluctuates a lot.
The inline 2w charge lamp does not come on at all but does work if connected across the battery.
Battery is brand new, so I think the v regulator may be shot.
Will take to local electrician and have it tested.
The amp meter is not working so have by passed it.
Cheers

Just got the alt back from the auto elecs with a new reg fitted.
Installed and started, now the charge lamp comes on at ignition point and goes out when starts (this is good)
But when the DMM is across the battery terminals the volts are still widely fluctuating, all over the place, both at idle and up revs.
I read somewhere that the charge lamp has to be no more than 2 watts which is what it is.
I checked the DMM on my car and it is fine, constant 14.5 V at idle.
There is only a few wires to check and clean.
I tried a jumper lead from alt charge term to battery + but no change.
Not sure where to go next, any advise would be appreciated.

/ MF 135 model identification #9  
On your oil gage there is a switch that has to be closed for it to charge. May be a bad contact?

Thanks Murph,
on mine the oil gauge has an oil line from the engine that would present the pressure.
I can't find an oil pressure switch anywhere.
I will go over all the wires again and check for condition and connectivity.
I will upgrade the wire size from the alt to the solenoid hot side and see how that goes.
I was going to connect the sense wire direct to the battery instead of looping back to the B+ terminal.
Strange how the DMM jumps from as low as 6v to 14.7 and everything in between constantly every second but when motor of shows 12.8 v.
I still think it is a VR issue even though I just had it replaced.
I think by passing the amp meter should have no impact on it but I may be wrong.
Cheers Jamie.