MF 135 model identification

/ MF 135 model identification #11  
G'day Jamie I have just asked you some q's on your other post so disregard them and I will try to help you here have you tried running another earth wire from the alt body to an earth on the engine ( where the alt bracket bolts to the engine is a good spot )? What are the readings out of the alt do they fluctuate as well? The switch on the oil press line is there on diesels only as they use a different ign switch. The engine in yours is known as a vanguard engine we only got the two styles of petrol engines over here and they are both the same manufacturer just smaller bore size in the early tea20, as was stated earlier bare co will be able to supply you nearly all the parts you will need to keep it up and running.

Lots of good knowledgeable people on here too so don't hesitate to ask someone will be able to sort you out

Jon

Ps I have just looked at the id tag pic and I think you have a 35 with 135 badges:confused:

Have just looked here MF35, FE35, MF35X Serial Numbers And Year Of Manufacture | Vintage Tractor Engineer and it looks like yours is a 1958 model

Last edited:
   / MF 135 model identification
Hi Jon,
the tag pic doesn't show the "1" in front of the "35"
It is a 135 for sure, we were at a tractor show on the weekend and there were a few identical units out there.
Same tag design etc, just couldn't find any owners to find out what vintage they were.
I ma thinking between 69 -71.
You mentioned a Vanguard motor? I will see what I can dig up on it.
Cheers

/ MF 135 model identification #13  
Yeah sorry Jamie I should have looked at the pic better panel work would suggest early 100 series

Jon

/ MF 135 model identification #14  
You have a "bent" front axle model. Changeover to "straight" front axle was about 1970/71.

Yeah I am thinking 1968/9
Can someone recommend a slasher size for this tractor.
Some people say a 6 ft will be OK for flat land.
I also would like to change all the oils on it so I can keep track on servicing requirements
It possibly has the Vanguard petrol motor?
Just want to change the oil filter etc.
Cheers

Yeah I am thinking 1968/9
Can someone recommend a slasher size for this tractor.
Some people say a 6 ft will be OK for flat land.
I also would like to change all the oils on it so I can keep track on servicing requirements
It possibly has the Vanguard petrol motor?
Just want to change the oil filter etc.
Cheers

/ MF 135 model identification #17  
G'day slasher size will depend on how heavy the stuff is you want to slash is it just grass or bracken or acacia? It will handle a 5 ft no prob but a 6 might tax it a little once again depends on what you are slashing and how thick it is.
If you have a bare co dealer nearby thenthey will be able to help you with everything you will need for it you can check out their website at Object moved Dont know why it comes up as object moved but click on it and it will take you to their site

Jon

/ MF 135 model identification #18  
I run a 7 ft behind mine in light cutting, when I get into the thicker stuff I just move over a ft, or two.