mf 154-4

/ mf 154-4
On my MF165, MP lever was mounted up on the dash, left of steering wheel. It plainly states Multi-Power, High....Low.

Does this "guy" who took it in trade, buy & sell tractors... surely he would know about MP problems.

I hate to repeat myself... have him put it in writing... you'll find out actually in a few hours of use. Good luck.

Or better yet, tell him you want to test it out for the weekend before you make your final decision. If it's above board, then there shouldn't be any problem... Right?

/ mf 154-4 #12  
John,
Depending on the hours and the condition I'd say that's a good buy for that tractor.

tractorpic.jpg

/ mf 154-4
no,the man who is selling the tractor doesn't buy and sell tractors,he just traded a piece of heavy equipment for it a while back.He wasn't sure of the MP because he has rarely used the tractor other than moving stuff around the yard with forks.He said to try it out as long as I want to (friend of mine).Just wanted the lever location so he/me could check for the MP.Thanks again for the info John.

/ mf 154-4
I agree on the "new" Landini...

Back in the 60's through 80's, Massey had a major financial stake in Landini, lot's of parts incorporated... In fact Massey put Landini on the world map.

In the late 80's, I understand Massey had major financial problems... verge of bankruptcy and sold interests back and also to Iseki among others.

But, you're right, I haven't seen this tractor "we're talking about here", so I'm only guessing the MP part only because of it's vast popularity at the time span.

Again, this 154-4 is an absolute bargain for $6500. "IF" nothing is wrong with it...