MF 35 with Z134 engine - Oil pressure Issues

/ MF 35 with Z134 engine - Oil pressure Issues
Thanks for all the help 'til now, but NO OIL PRESSURE with rebuilt pump, newly homepage rubber gasket for oil pickup, and 3 busted knuckles from removing the pan for the third time today! The ONLY moving parts not replaced in the engine is the lifters. Anyone ever had 8 lifters go bad all at once? Like I said, this tractor was brought home in baskets and boxes after being burnt up by a failed oil pump. Thx.

/ MF 35 with Z134 engine - Oil pressure Issues #22  
If the lifters fit their bores good (not loose) they shouldn't be the problem.

/ MF 35 with Z134 engine - Oil pressure Issues
Re: MF 35 with Z134 engine - Oil pressure Issues - SOLVED!

PROBLEM SOLVED. At someone's suggestion earlier, I disconnected the oil pressure gage and forced close to a quart of oil (about as mush to fill the oil filter) backwards from the gage tube through the internal system. I had removed all the plugs so the engine woud spin faster, and, after a few twists on the starter, the oil started coming out of the line. It was obvious there was oil pressure before it actually came out of the tube - the engine cranking slowed slightly while filling all the empty galleys.

As soon as the engine started with oil pressure, there was a major leak at the canister oil filter. The gasket had slipped sideways about a quarter of the way around and immediately poured almost a pint of oil on the floor. I believe the root cause of the original issue was this canister filter because it was not holding any back pressure and losing whatever pressure was trying to build. Anyway, the engine sounds strong and starts easily.

One last note - I ran it for just over a minute, and the aftermarket oil pressure gage reads low - guess that'll teach me to quit saving money on cheap gages from India (which look EXACTLY like the original). I put on an old gage from a '69 Camaro that had been sitting around in my shop for a couple of decades (the gage - not the car), and it reads 2~3 psi higher. As long as I know that, I believe I'll put the aftermarket gage back on with the knowledge that it reads low.

Again, I appreciate you guys asking me questions I may not have thought about.

/ MF 35 with Z134 engine - Oil pressure Issues #24  
Re: MF 35 with Z134 engine - Oil pressure Issues - SOLVED!

That's why I like the spin on filter conversion rather than the canister filter.