Mf gc1705 inadequate protection plate

/ Mf gc1705 inadequate protection plate #11  
this is sold as an estate tractor so it comes with minimal protection. As with anything you buy-pickup, suv, ATV if you want to use it above and beyond you will need to fit it with the correct protection.

/ Mf gc1705 inadequate protection plate #12  
The factory filter guard for the GC1710 and GC1720 backhioe models will fit the GC1705.

/ Mf gc1705 inadequate protection plate #13  
gcskid20200402_172039.jpgThis is the underside of my GC1720. Grey square under filter is the plate that came with the GC. The Red plate I made myself from LTWs video.

/ Mf gc1705 inadequate protection plate
Thank u for all the advice, dealer should have pointed out the fact that there is very little protection underneath, as other fellows dealer had done with him.
The filter and nipple broke off due to flawed casting, casting bubbles are very visible on threads were it had snapped off. Thanks again to all

/ Mf gc1705 inadequate protection plate #15  
Sounds like warranty work, and see if you can get the 1720 cover while they do the fixes.

Thanks for advice, will definitely see about that.

/ Mf gc1705 inadequate protection plate #17  
You could build your own skid plate pretty easily. Here's mine:

Thanks for the info

/ Mf gc1705 inadequate protection plate #19  
You could build your own skid plate pretty easily. Here's mine:

Do the holes allow enough air? Looks nice , and easy :thumbsup:

/ Mf gc1705 inadequate protection plate #20  
Do the holes allow enough air? Looks nice , and easy :thumbsup:

Oh yeh, it's just like yours on the top part (after all, same youtube guy inspired both our builds), so plenty of air gets through that as is. As for the part that covers the hydro filter, well that's more air passages than Bro-Tek's.

I'm Pond Acres on Youtube, the dude he referenced in the vid. Me and Houndsman and John were all bitching earlier about lack of underside protection offered for the GC17xx, so cool of John to get the ball rolling with fabbing one. That guy is awesome, I got a lot of good ideas from him.