MF GC1720

/ MF GC1720 #3  
Hi mdcook. Welcome to the forum! I have moved your thread to the Massey section so it can get more views. :welcome:

/ MF GC1720 #4  
Congrats, welcome aboard!

Any pics of your new toy? (It's customary to post pics of your new tractor)

/ MF GC1720 #5  
Welcome to the neighborhood everyone is great here

/ MF GC1720 #6  
New Member (Massey Ferguson GC1720)

mdcook: May I ask you a favor?

Could you measure the ground clearance on your tractor? I'm wanting more information about it, and what I've found just doesn't make a lot of sense.

I've found ground clearance to be about 6.7 inches on the internet. Just wanting clarification.

Thanks.

BTW, welcome to TractorbyNet.

/ MF GC1720 #7  
mdcook: May I ask you a favor?

Could you measure the ground clearance on your tractor? I'm wanting more information about it, and what I've found just doesn't make a lot of sense.

I've found ground clearance to be about 6.7 inches on the internet. Just wanting clarification.

Thanks.

BTW, welcome to TractorbyNet.

Better define WHERE that measurement is to be taken . . or it will be much different in all directions. Is it lowest point under front axle or rear axle or belly mower or . . . . . ?

/ MF GC1720 #8  
Better define WHERE that measurement is to be taken . . or it will be much different in all directions. Is it lowest point under front axle or rear axle or belly mower or . . . . . ?

Yeah, I wasn't very clear on that one. Sorry about that. "Put mind in gear before engaging brain" is an old saying I've been taught but forget to practice. :laughing:

Tractor with no mower. Lowest ground clearance either from front or rear of tractor; probably from mid point of tractor. For example, ground clearance middle of front axle or rear axle. Sometimes the rear hitch is lower than the rear axle, so take that into consideration too.

Thanks for the help.

/ MF GC1720 #9  
Yeah, I wasn't very clear on that one. Sorry about that. "Put mind in gear before engaging brain" is an old saying I've been taught but forget to practice. :laughing:

Tractor with no mower. Lowest ground clearance either from front or rear of tractor; probably from mid point of tractor. For example, ground clearance middle of front axle or rear axle. Sometimes the rear hitch is lower than the rear axle, so take that into consideration too.

Thanks for the help.

What I can't figure out is how kubota claims just short of 9 inches clearance and 6 inches between ground and bottom of belly mower.

Tires sizes between gc1700 and bx23xx to bx26xx are same sizes.

/ MF GC1720
I just detached the bellie mower and now can measure for ground clearance underneath the tractor. Here are my results: front axle about 8-5/8", front axle gears about 3-5/8" (lowest point). Rear plate that the Stabilizer is a part of about 7-1/8", bolts beneath the plate about 6-2/8". The filter protector plate about 9-3/4" The tires might make some difference. I believe I have R-4's. I do not have either the Turf or Ag.

I don't know how they came up with 6.7" ground clearance. But, 6.7" is close or about right.