Mice got in my new F450! Help!

/ Mice got in my new F450! Help!
Check with your local feed store. I saw some spray for vehicles, etc when at ours Friday. Sorry, I don't know the brand name.

I'll do that. Great idea.

Also, I just went out and taped metal mesh over the cowling drain vents, put some traps around the truck and put a bucket with water and sunflower seeds and a peanut butter baited ramp out near the retaining wall in front of the truck.

~Moses

/ Mice got in my new F450! Help! #12  
They found my plow truck and made a nest in the air box

/ Mice got in my new F450! Help! #13  
Rats or squirrels chewed a bunch of insulation off the harnesses in the engine valley in my 7.3. Fun repair that was...

/ Mice got in my new F450! Help! #14  
I'm not at my arm all the time so cats aren't an option -- which is too bad because I actually like cats. But the mice nest in my ATVs, nest in my tractor, eat wires, et al. I found that moth balls work to discourage them but not sure you would want that in your truck. My neighbors swear by the 5-gallon bucket of water trap but I haven't tried it.

/ Mice got in my new F450! Help! #15  
Years ago I still had five farm cats. Apparently that is the number needed at my place to equal out the mice and keep them in check. Over the years I've slowly lost cats to owls & coyotes. Its always a nighttime thing - cats keep going out beyond the influence of the big 'ol yard light and there is always something out there just waiting.

/ Mice got in my new F450! Help! #16  
mice are looking for shelter and food........since they can squeeze through a space as small as a dime thats tough to try and seal a truck up so better to concentrate on the food aspect........I'd clean and sanitize the inside so not a crumb is left and every surface is sanitized and then have a new rule....no food in the truck ever......no eating in the truck.....no eating or food outside around the truck........because if there is any food the mice will be attracted and find it.......had one chew through the plastic compartment between the seats to get to a roll of mints.......if you have that many mice around it sounds like you have a lack of predators like fox owls hawks......you might want to see what you can do to entice them to come live around you.........they are tough to get rid of......I fight with them every winter in the barn.......if I put the traps out early enough I can contain them but if I let them get ahead of me it's a long winter..........Jack

/ Mice got in my new F450! Help! #17  
Mice are for the most part nocturnal creatures and usually don't venture into lighted places. A few LED lights in strategic places might go a long ways to keeping them out.

/ Mice got in my new F450! Help! #18  
Nothing kills that new truck smell like mouse piss and droppings. If they are making a nest in your hvac system, all passageways including the heater core should be cleaned of nesting materials and smelly things. I agree with jfh28....keep the food out. They sell scented bags for RVs to keep mice out. I tie one up under my tractors dash...works.

/ Mice got in my new F450! Help! #19  
Also....are they up in the seats having a good time? Pull the seats and find out....

/ Mice got in my new F450! Help!
This is the most depressing thread! Makes me so mad to think they are out there assaulting my rig right now while I'm on the couch w/ the laptop.

I went out a few minutes ago, traps are still full and nothing caught this afternoon or evening and the bucket hadn't caught anything either. I agree with the no food rule.

As I walked back up to the house, the cat had a mouse for me as a gift on the back porch all proud of what she'd caught. That made me smile.

~Moses