Mice got in my new F450! Help!

/ Mice got in my new F450! Help! #31  
So - - I made one of those 5-gallon bucket mouse traps. Been in use three days - seven floaters so far. Tomorrow I make a "mouse scoop".

/ Mice got in my new F450! Help! #32  
The new car and trucks are using Soy based plastics which attracts the rodents, they love to chew on the new plastic upholstery and wire insulation.

The rodents have caused tens of thousands of dollars if damage to new cars and trucks at Gardner Motors in Hope B.C. and that only the tip of the ice berg.

Good luck keeping the rodents from eating up your new truck.

Lawsuit: Plastic in new cars attracting rats | ABC1.com

/ Mice got in my new F450! Help! #33  
^^interesting^^

/ Mice got in my new F450! Help! #34  
So I just dumped the water and floaters yesterday. No mouse scoop. Cleaned it, re-baited and put in fresh water. This morning - three more mice.

This bucket trap is doing a fantastic job.

/ Mice got in my new F450! Help! #35  
I can't vouch for it's effectiveness, but peppermint oil is supposed to be a very effective mouse repellent. It beats the smell of moth balls. Don't waste your time with Irish Spring soap as a method to repel them as was recommended to me several years ago. I found the bar I put in the back seat floor half eaten.

/ Mice got in my new F450! Help! #36  
GreenMoJo - there must be something wrong with your bucket trap. Mine has been in seven days, as of this AM, and this morning - two more mice and another munk. Totals - mice = fourteen chipmunks = eight. This 'ol bucket trap puts any & all spring type traps to shame.I have smears of PB on the ramp leading up to the bucket rim. The ramp extends about two inches into the bucket - Oh, what the h*ll - I'll just go out and take a picture. View attachment 519977 Hmmm - I see "somebody" has been there since I cleaned & re-baited the trap earlier this AM. The PB I smeared on the ramp is gone. The can spins on the rod VERY easily and dumps the furry buggers into the soup.

/ Mice got in my new F450! Help! #37  
This bucket trap is at least fifty feet from the nearest vehicle. Last thing I want to do is attract them towards any vehicle.