mini beep

/ mini beep #2  
Yup, I got a flyer in the mail about them. Not something I would want but might be fun to build. Something I do want to build someday (like I have time) is the Struck Magnatrac MT1800 (first crawler they made that actually looks like a dozer.) I got a set of plans for it years ago and looks like a fun little crawler. Not sure how much work it could do, but more than my garden tractor I'm sure. Mostly just something to play with.

/ mini beep #4  
That thing is exactly what I was thinking of doing with my 20hp lawnmower that just died. The engine is dead but the rest of the drive train is excellent. Including a manual tranny with 5 spd.

I might have to pull it apart and start working on a body to put it all in.

/ mini beep #5  
Interesting; but I don't think I want to use plywood for a body that's going to be in the water as shown in the video.

I could see this being a good father-son type of project.

/ mini beep
Interesting; but I don't think I want to use plywood for a body that's going to be in the water as shown in the video.

I thought the same thing and figured if they used marine grade wood and sealed it, it'd probably be pretty tough.

Verticaltrx; I have the nortrac dozer weighs in around 7000lbs, I have been very pleased with the amount of work I have done with it. It's handy in the woods because it isn't so big that it destroys everything. I have pushed 100's of tons of dirt rock etc... and it has not let me down. A lot of folks say a small dozer is worthless, I have to disagree completely.

Handirifle: when you start that project show some pictures

/ mini beep #7  
Interesting..I'd feel safe w/heavy duty fiber glass body before going fishing.

/ mini beep #8  
I have seen the plans. It is a pretty cool machine. The plans use marine grade plywood and seal it.

/ mini beep #9  
I want to build one of these for my grandson. What would you use for rear drive axle? It must have a variable belt drive as they mention "transmission" in the video.

/ mini beep #10  
Struck Corp has the plans and kits to build them.