Mini Excavator ,or Small Backhoe

/ Mini Excavator ,or Small Backhoe #31  
A $10k excavator around here is a basket case. 7500 is a parts machine. I think you got lucky or bought 10+ years ago.

Same here.

/ Mini Excavator ,or Small Backhoe #32  
A $10k excavator around here is a basket case. 7500 is a parts machine. I think you got lucky or bought 10+ years ago.
Same here. Nothing around here under 20k that isn't trashed.

/ Mini Excavator ,or Small Backhoe #33  
Purchases two years ago. When I was looking I missed one by 5 min's that was 5 years newer and in great shape, that sold for $6000.00.
I did look for app 6 months and found the one I got in mid Nov.
One thing I did notice was that from mid summer to Nov, the prices had drop 10%-15%, then by Feb, they were back up 15%-20% from mid summer.

/ Mini Excavator ,or Small Backhoe #34  
Purchases two years ago. When I was looking I missed one by 5 min's that was 5 years newer and in great shape, that sold for $6000.00.
I did look for app 6 months and found the one I got in mid Nov.
One thing I did notice was that from mid summer to Nov, the prices had drop 10%-15%, then by Feb, they were back up 15%-20% from mid summer.

It's just the opposite here.

/ Mini Excavator ,or Small Backhoe #35  
It's just the opposite here.

Same here. Maybe it's an alternative reality. Hey - maybe I'm rich and handsome where he lives!!!!

/ Mini Excavator ,or Small Backhoe #36  
I just did a fast check and found two that look ready to go to work.
a 2004 for $12500
"2004 IhI 28nx
2 buckets 18" and 12"
2800hrs owned it since 400hrs
New pins and bushings
Isuzu motor "

and a 2007 for $16000.
2007 Bobcat 325G excavator
New tracks and sprockets. One new track motor on one side. Everything works properly. Good tight unit. Hour meter shows 1407. Has a 24 " bucket and a 12" bucket

/ Mini Excavator ,or Small Backhoe #37  
Same here. Maybe it's an alternative reality. Hey - maybe I'm rich and handsome where he lives!!!!

Probly not........ :p

/ Mini Excavator ,or Small Backhoe
I just did a fast check and found two that look ready to go to work.
a 2004 for $12500
"2004 IhI 28nx
2 buckets 18" and 12"
2800hrs owned it since 400hrs
New pins and bushings
Isuzu motor "

and a 2007 for $16000.
2007 Bobcat 325G excavator
New tracks and sprockets. One new track motor on one side. Everything works properly. Good tight unit. Hour meter shows 1407. Has a 24 " bucket and a 12" bucket

the one I'm looking at is a little more hp than the ones you posted.
I'm looking for a 30-35 hp machine. Not much around me.
Called about a 2013 34 hp Volvo with 1600 hrs this am . They already sold it

/ Mini Excavator ,or Small Backhoe #39  
Yep - a decent lower hr machine here is 20-30K for a top tier 3-4 ton, lots of scams out there that look cheap but finding a good used machine is not easy, about impossible really.

/ Mini Excavator ,or Small Backhoe #40  
I recently purchased an older TLB. I have $8000 in it. It'll dig 19ft deep, 2ft bucket, 4n1 front bucket that has a capacity of 3Klbs.

How much would an Excavator cost that will dig 19ft deep???

Mini's are great. Extremely expensive for their capacity. As PILOON said above, if $$ are no object go for it.

TLB's are not outdated. Excavators way better at excavating, claw picking stiff up, craning and dozing. Skid or track steer moves material much better/faster than TLB. If your down to one machine I'd pick the TLB. Fortunately I kept my excavator, but that backhoe sure is a handy counterweight.