mini welding table

/ mini welding table #61  
If you want to "buy" one...Everlast has a new one coming out and has an existing one. The old one has a tilting table. The new one is adjustable height and is a pack and go type.

Attachments

• Nova table 3.jpg
    Nova table 3.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 40
  • nova table 2.jpg
    nova table 2.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 41
  • table 3.png
    table 3.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 47
   / mini welding table #64  
Good choice on the reversible vise; I have the Wilton it was copied from, it ended up under my MDVT (MagDrillViseTable) - on the back side is a Grizzly XY table with a couple HF DP vises - gives me a lot of options and lightning fast holes of nearly any size.

Last 2 pics show adding 1/2" flat bar to the 10" channel and surfacing so the mag drill has more magnetic holding power... Steve

Attachments

• DSCN1870.JPG
    DSCN1870.JPG
    846.8 KB · Views: 60
  • DSCN1857.JPG
    DSCN1857.JPG
    818.1 KB · Views: 53
  • XY-Use-5.jpg
    XY-Use-5.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 59
  • XY-Use-1.jpg
    XY-Use-1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 60
   / mini welding table #65  
Like to see a dedicated thread on just mag drill use.

Have a Milwaukee fabricator mag drill with adjustable base. F/R, variable speed used for tapping after drilling. Sure has helped a DIY shop repair and fabricate.

/ mini welding table
Like to see a dedicated thread on just mag drill use.

Have a Milwaukee fabricator mag drill with adjustable base. F/R, variable speed used for tapping after drilling. Sure has helped a DIY shop repair and fabricate.
Just start one.

/ mini welding table #68  
BukitCase - how did you do the surfacing?

Thanks,
E.
Sure looks like a job with an indexable face mill or a fly cutter on a milling machine

/ mini welding table #69  

Attachments

• DSCN1861.JPG
    DSCN1861.JPG
    897.9 KB · Views: 34
  • DSCN1864.JPG
    DSCN1864.JPG
    626.4 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCN1866.JPG
    DSCN1866.JPG
    654.8 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCN1868.JPG
    DSCN1868.JPG
    854.2 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCN1871.JPG
    DSCN1871.JPG
    247.8 KB · Views: 35
   / mini welding table #70  
I just saw an interesting video on weld distortion, clamping, and how an assumed 'flat' welding table won't make flat welds.

They're trying to sell their expensive massive table so that's their emphasis. But the lesson we can learn watching, is that distortion is near impossible to eliminate entirely.

You won't miss anything jumping around in this video, or ignoring the middle third entirely. Their main point is that among the three pro welders they went to, none controlled distortion sufficiently to meet the specs they were given.