Minneapolis Moline BF

/ Minneapolis Moline BF #21  
My 51 BF Moline. Ignore the model R decal. My father put the wrong one on several years ago because BF decals weren't available. The square lights are also coming off. This picture shows it with the newer hydraulic unit. We still have the pesco unit that was on it originally. It will be installed when we start restoration.

IMG_0279.jpg

IMG_0282.jpg

/ Minneapolis Moline BF
My 51 BF Moline. Ignore the model R decal. My father put the wrong one on several years ago because BF decals weren't available. The square lights are also coming off. This picture shows it with the newer hydraulic unit. We still have the pesco unit that was on it originally. It will be installed when we start restoration.

QUOTE]

Very nice tractor.
Paint job looks professional quality from the photo.

I found what appears to be more Prarie Gold paint after wiping off the grease on the final drive units during disassembly.

DSCF0223Small.jpg

Looks like the original paint scheme could have been red sheet metal and rims and PG on the rest of the tractor. I don't think that crappy yellow color is faded PG, but I may be mistaken.

/ Minneapolis Moline BF #23  
Hi all,

From what has been posted I lucked out too. I recently purchased a 1951 BF Avery Model R. This one is in great shape and runs like a top. The guy sold it because of health problems. He had already started restoring it and I only have to finish painting it and the front rims, and maybe tires for it along with other upgrades. I only gave $1,450.00 for it. He had already replaced the radiator, rewired it, new exhaust manifold, new steering wheel, and painted 40 percent of the tractor. It starts on the first turn. I told my wife it was a deal.

Roy

Attachments

• TractorRT3.jpg
    TractorRT3.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 458
Last edited:
   / Minneapolis Moline BF
Hi all,

From what has been posted I lucked out too. I recently purchased a 1951 BF Avery Model R. This one is in great shape and runs like a top. The guy sold it because of health problems. He had already started restoring it and I only have to finish painting it and the front rims, and maybe tires for it along with other upgrades. I only gave $1,450.00 for it. He had already replaced the radiator, rewired it, new exhaust manifold, new steering wheel, and painted 40 percent of the tractor. It starts on the first turn. I told my wife it was a deal.

Roy

You lucked out all right. Great looking BF and excellent price.

/ Minneapolis Moline BF #25  
Took the little BF to its first tractor show the other day. It was just a couple of miles from home and I thought what the heck. Didn't even spray it off. Everyone there was wanting to vote for it for best tractor, but I did not register it. Notice I changed the square lights back to the originals. I used it to break the garden a couple of days before. That is why it has the plow attached. Sorry for the poor photo, I had to use my camera phone.

Congrats on buying the BF. Looks like a nice start. I wouldn't take $5,000 for mine.

downsized_0509091645.jpg

/ Minneapolis Moline BF #26  
Hey all, stumbled across this thread by accident while searching for some information on the MM BF I just purchased. Would any of you be able to help positively identify the year of my BF? I know by the serial number prefix of 578 it is a BFW made in late 53, or 54, 55, 56, but would like to narrow that down. Serial number is 57800077, engine serial number is IXB3SL 2476453 008.

Here are some pictures if that helps...it runs and operates well, needs wiring work and the carb rebuilt, then clean up and paint. Paid $1100 for it.

DSC01520.jpg

DSC01521.jpg

DSC01522.jpg

DSC01523.jpg

/ Minneapolis Moline BF #27  
It is a 53 model.

What is that contraption mounted on the frame that is tied together across the hood?

/ Minneapolis Moline BF #28  
It is a 53 model.

What is that contraption mounted on the frame that is tied together across the hood?

It looks like the hydraulic pistons for a FEL. Allis Chalmbers WD-45 used pistons which looked like the and were mounted almost the same place.

I think what is across the hood is a rope holding them up and out of the way.

Don

/ Minneapolis Moline BF #29  
DonWorrell is correct, at one point in time the tractor had a loader on it. What's left is the mounting brackets and the hydraulic cylinders, they are strapped down across the hood to keep them in place.

/ Minneapolis Moline BF #30  
How can you tell that it is a 53? Do you have serial number lists for 53 after the serial numbers changed to MM, or know where they can be found?

Thanks!