Miss my RatchetRake

/ Miss my RatchetRake #41  
I'd really like to know how much TSC is charging for them. My wife's godmother lives in Ocala, FL, but I'm not going to send her to pick one up for me if the price is not something I want to pay.

Well, I visited my TSC, and they still haven't heard of the Ratchet Rake. The "guy" that knows everything about the implements is still on vacation - supposed to be back this week.

I figure they'll be charging the "Low Introductory Price" that's listed on Ratchet Rake's site. The 52" model is listed at $299.

More info soon...

Jesse

/ Miss my RatchetRake
Order the BX and wait on the RatchetRake to extract blackberry bushes. I raised my mid mount mowing deck to highest setting on my BX2660 this week and mowed an area of blackberry bushes and small trees. I'll try the RatchetRake on some more of them later. Not sure you can tell much about the mowed and unmowed area from these pictures. The unmowed area is pretty steep and has some gullies which have washed out to pretty deep and scary when you get in them. If your going to use the BX25 on steep hills, take the BH off and add something really heavy. My BX25 scares me a bit on my slopes. I try and make sure it's straight up and down but that's almost impossible sometimes. My other tractors got scarier the bigger they were.
Pictures from former post didn't come with this reply.
Pictures taken yesterday after RatchetRake use also Boxblade use. This is my reserve top soil pile and was totally covered in briars, rocks and small trees.

Attachments

• IMG_0359.jpg
    IMG_0359.jpg
    796.7 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_0361.jpg
    IMG_0361.jpg
    597 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0362.jpg
    IMG_0362.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 145
  • IMG_0364.jpg
    IMG_0364.jpg
    996.8 KB · Views: 130
   / Miss my RatchetRake #43  
I saw your other pics, the before and after, in another thread. Gives a good idea of the capability of this thing. Now I think I get the idea about the two sets of teeth at 90 degrees...they work together, right? The downward pointing one must loosen and dig out the shallow roots of brush and stuff, and the forward ones grab and pull. Is that it? The more I think of it, that's a pretty unique job. Can you also move the resultant big pile of brush around, or would you do better at that point to switch to pallet jacks? Where did you buy it and how much?

/ Miss my RatchetRake
I saw your other pics, the before and after, in another thread. Gives a good idea of the capability of this thing. Now I think I get the idea about the two sets of teeth at 90 degrees...they work together, right? The downward pointing one must loosen and dig out the shallow roots of brush and stuff, and the forward ones grab and pull. Is that it? The more I think of it, that's a pretty unique job. Can you also move the resultant big pile of brush around, or would you do better at that point to switch to pallet jacks? Where did you buy it and how much?
With a bigger tractor with more traction and HP what you say about both sets of teeth working together could be true. With BX I usually go forward to snag brush with big front teeth which pulls some of them out of ground then drop lower teeth flat or at a slight angle and back drag. Then back drag the remnants into a pile then push the pile with the front teeth. As for the big pile a match with a little diesel fuel will be the best "fix" but barring burning it then I think it can be moved fairly well with tilting bucket till big front teeth are facing down then back drag a bunch off pile then push it to different location or snag brush at corners of pile and push forward.
I tilted bucket till big teeth faced down then back drug through topsoil in garden to remove stones, roots and weeds.
I bought this one from company when they were selling them direct for $299. The bigger one that I had on B3200 was $350.

/ Miss my RatchetRake
This is to update an informative thread on the uses of the RatchetRake for those buyers that haven't heard of it or are pondering purchasing one. I do still have one that was used last on my BX25 which I'll be using now on my B2620. It may not be as wide as the bucket but it doesn't have to be.