MissouriThunder takes message boards by storm

/ MissouriThunder takes message boards by storm
Ductape,
Thanks for the compliment. The footcast is for the surgery I had last month. I broke two bones awile back while patrolling the streets of Baghdad. The Army docs said I have to wear it for another 30 days. Not sure how I'm going to drive MissouriThunder after shoulder and back surgery.

Flusher,
so good to hear from you again. Yes, The oversized canopy looked as though it came off a L-series Kubota. Like putting a size 14 hat on a size 7 head. The dealership was good to me though and stuck it on a bigger tractor on their lot. I can't bad-mouth the good folks that sold me my tractor as they were professional and courtious from beginning to end. I must admit you have quite the collection going on there with the three tractors in your photo. That one in the barn looks like my kind of hot-rod. Can it do a wheelie ?

George2615,
Thanks for the heads up. As much as I hate to admit it, that's one of the first lessons of towing my dad taught me and I violated that golden rule. After being in the Army for so long and away from farming life, it's slowly coming bck to me. Keep in touch.

MissouriThunder

/ MissouriThunder takes message boards by storm #12  
Nice machine. Tractors are good therapy, a little seat time after a bad day at work and all is better. Depending on your ground a tooth bar is somewhere between a must have and a extreme convience.

/ MissouriThunder takes message boards by storm #13  
nice tractor! how are you enjoying the ag tires so far?

my R4s were sure churning up the mud and water as i mowed through our wet lawn this evening. when i started, the ground was just wet. by the time i was finished, we were well into a decent cloudburst. it was fun with the headlights on, the rain beating down on the hood and the long grass flyin'!

it occured to me that i may be the only guy in the subdivision with a 4 wheel drive lawn mower.... (or the NEED for one!)

amp

ampsucker,
To me, the Ag (bar) tires is what makes it a tractor. With us sub-compact tractor lovers, this is what seperates us from riding lawn mowers. I tried taking off the loader today and boy did that bring back nightmares. Took it off and went to put it all back together but couldn't connect two of the four hoses so I call my cousin in Nebraska and he says to relieve the fluid pressure by poking the teets in the hoses that were still disconnected. You gussed it, hydralic fluid shot up my arm and soaked my shirt but sure enough when I connected all the hoses it worked again (note to self; there's no reason to take off the loader ever again).

ninefinger,
I agree with you on the therapy part. My wife thought I was crazy just driving around the property all day. Not to be insulting but isn't a tooth bar an antique. Why woud I need one when my back deck mower can do the job ?

gordyy,
I'm glad I'm not the only one. If it ever stops raining tonight I'm going back out for some more fun.

MissouriThunder

Last edited:
   / MissouriThunder takes message boards by storm #15  
Not to be insulting but isn't a tooth bar an antique. Why woud I need one when my back deck mower can do the job ?

MissouriThunder

MissouriThunder - A toothbar Tooth Bar - BXTractors.info: The Kubota BX Wiki mounts to the front edge of your FEL. It helps with hard-packed dirt and much more.

By the way, glad you made it back safely from Iraq. Thanks for your service!!

Tod (US Army, Retired)

/ MissouriThunder takes message boards by storm #16  
MissouriThunder,

First off, I noticed the Bronze Star on your license plate and would like to offer you a heartfelt THANK YOU for your service!

Great looking tracor you got there, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

I think ninefinger was talking about a tooth bar for the FEL bucket (like mine in the attached pic). I think you're thinking a sickle bar mower.

Attachments

• TB2.jpg
    TB2.jpg
    376.1 KB · Views: 102
  • TB4.jpg
    TB4.jpg
    385.1 KB · Views: 343
KML,
You're right about me confusing a sickle bar mower with a tooth bar. The teeth on your loader is exactly what I want next. And thanks for your kind words for serving our great country. I love this place and believe me I've been to a lot of countries where modernism is still a small machine with two wheels attached. They look like a bicycle with extra wide handle-bars. We called them "one-eyed bulls."

thavil,
And thank you sir for your service to God and country. You beat KML to the punch and I appreicate the feedback. I do want a toothbar for my MissouriThunder and will get one soon and if you ever served in the pacific you'll know what Im talking about in regards to the one-eyed bulls. They use them mostly for their rice paddies but they packed the streets as well for hauling their junk around.

MissouriThunder

Ridgewalker,
Long time no hear my fellow Missourian. Thanks for your kind words and you're not the first one to tell me about tooth bars. As I've already observed, it's not easy digging foxholes with a typical bucket. At least not here in Missouri where the soil can be a bit rocky. How's Fredricktown ? Waynesville/FT Leonardwood got a ton of rain last night. Had to watch my baby from the window as she soaked up all that water. Today we ride !

MissouriThunder

/ MissouriThunder takes message boards by storm #20  
I haven't got a chance to go to FredMO for a couple of weeks. It's 1.5 hours away from where I live near Saint Louis and I only get to go down on the odd weekends. I keep trying to convince SHMBO to move but so far no luck.

I am happy it's raining, the last time I was at the farm we seeded and fertilized my field, hopefully that stuff is starting to pop.

A toothbar is the 2nd implement I bought, it makes a major difference and I haven't taken mine off since it went on.

Have fun but be careful...with any luck today could be the first day you get stuck in the mud. If you do, TAKE PIX! :)