MissouriThunder takes message boards by storm

/ MissouriThunder takes message boards by storm #21  
"Took it off and went to put it all back together but couldn't connect two of the four hoses so I call my cousin in Nebraska and he says to relieve the fluid pressure by poking the teets in the hoses that were still disconnected. You gussed it, hydralic fluid shot up my arm and soaked my shirt but sure enough when I connected all the hoses it worked again (note to self; there's no reason to take off the loader ever again)."

Missouri,

Great looking machine, congratulations. I like those bar tires too.

I'm interested to hear your opinion on the cut quality delivered by the Woods mower. I really like mine and think it does an even better job than the JD belly mower.

By the way, not sure if it's the same for Kubotas, but in the JD manual, they tell you to rock the loader control valve in all directions after you shut off the engine and before you disconnect the loader hydraulic hoses. This supposedly equalizes the pressure to make them easier to reconnect.

/ MissouriThunder takes message boards by storm #22  
Flusher,
I must admit you have quite the collection going on there with the three tractors in your photo. That one in the barn looks like my kind of hot-rod. Can it do a wheelie ?

MissouriThunder

The photo shows the 21 hp (engine) 2005 Kubota B7510HST that was traded in for the 54 hp (engine) 2008 Mahindra 5525 sitting next to it.

The tractor in the shop is my 1964 Massey Ferguson 135 diesel that I bought locally in Jul06.
It ran OK, but was in pretty rough shape when I got it.

DSCF0011-smallSmall-1.jpg

I'm slowly restoring it to original condition.

DSCF0237Medium.jpg

It's a standard 135 field tractor that's been lowered to work in the olive orchards around here (shorter front spindles, 16" dia wheels instead of the normal 28" dia wheels)

DSCF0016Small.jpg

I'm sure you could get the front wheels off the ground with no trouble, if you have the cojones to try it without a ROPS. Right now it has an engine oil leak and is back in my shop awaiting repairs.

I have two other tractors--a 1951 IH Super A gasser that I bought last Nov. That one came with a 6-ft mid-mount sicklebar hay mower. Engine is around 20 hp. Need to dig into the transmission since it won't shift into 1st gear.

DSCF0129Small.jpg

It came with a 3pt hitch, something you don't normally see on this vintage Super A. I can use some of the 4-ft wide implements on the Super A that I have around from when I owned the Kubota B7510HST.

DSCF0128Small.jpg

I also have a 1951 Minneapolis Moline BF tractor (~25 hp gas engine). It needs an engine overhaul so I'm tearing it down all the way to do a complete restoration.

DSCF0050Small.jpg

DSCF0202Small.jpg

One of my neighbors gave me this old 1960s Massey Ferguson 44 windrower that needs engine work (it has a 25 hp Continental 4 cyl flathead engine). This will be my winter project later this year.

DSCF0211Small.jpg

DSCF0212Small.jpg

I'm looking for a JD 40, and Allis Chalmers B and a Ford 961. I almost had the 961 last year but the price was way too high.

I belong to the Early Days Gas Engine and Tractor Association (EDGE & TA), a bunch of folks interested in restoring old tractors and stationary farm equipment. It's an interesting hobby and keeps me out of the bars.

/ MissouriThunder takes message boards by storm
Flusher wrote; "It's an interesting hobby and keeps me out of the bars."

Flusher,
Amen to that brother. That 64 Massey is sooooooo sexy ! That's the look I'd like to eventially get with my baby Kubota. Sounds like you've got a lot of projects going on to keep you busy.

Runner,
Cuts like a champ. The fine cut blades (3 ea on my Woods 54? do a much better job than I expected. Not sure how often one should have them sharpened though. I値l just play that one by ear. And yes, the Kubota manual does say to rock the loader control valve in all directions after you shut off the engine and before you disconnect the loader hydraulic hoses. Take a guess as to didn't read their owner's manual before jumping on his tracor : )

Ridgewalker,
Glad someone's enjoying the rain : ) I'm going to the FT Wood train yard and pull a locomotive down the track. Be back in two hours.

MissouriThunder

/ MissouriThunder takes message boards by storm #24  
Gentlemen,
I finally picked her up yesterday from the dealership and stayed up until 0200 this morning tinkering with it. These tractors run like the wind and turn on a dime. The seat is extremely comfortable and the floor space is awesome. The 48" loader is a beast and the 54" Woods back deck mower is everything I expected it to be. I opted not to go with the Kubota canopy as it just didn't look right. I'm having a custom made aluminum one made along with a chrome exhaust pipe coming straight up from the manafold. I absolutley love this BX 1860 tractor and I'm glad I went with Kubota. Enjoy the photos gents !

MissouriThunder
Congrats
You will love it j
just as I love my BX1500.

Gents,
You wouldn't believe it until you seen it so here a few photos of my baby Kubota pulling and pushing.

Flusher,
I want to go head to head with your sweet 64 Massey Fergason. Winner take all ?

MissouriThunder

Attachments

• DSC_1321.jpg
    DSC_1321.jpg
    363.1 KB · Views: 258
  • DSC_1317.jpg
    DSC_1317.jpg
    433.1 KB · Views: 270
  • DSC_1323.jpg
    DSC_1323.jpg
    586.9 KB · Views: 415
  • DSC_1332.jpg
    DSC_1332.jpg
    493.9 KB · Views: 377
   / MissouriThunder takes message boards by storm #26  
Gents,
You wouldn't believe it until you seen it so here a few photos of my baby Kubota pulling and pushing.

Flusher,
I want to go head to head with your sweet 64 Massey Fergason. Winner take all ?

MissouriThunder

Awesome. Don't think my 135 can match that mighty Bota of yours and I wouldn't want to risk losing that squat little MF.

You have a lot of neat stuff around FLW. Last time I was there was in 1977. A weekender with my son's Boy Scout troop. Got to sleep in the old WWII (or earlier) barracks, visit the motor pool and enjoy the PX. The boys got to run the obstacle course. Don't remember if we got to the shooting range. The chow wasn't half bad, IIRC.

LBrown59,
I can't believe how simular our tractors look. Other than the headlights and hood, they really haven't changed much. Very impressive.

Flusher,
I agee, your massey Fergason is to beautiful to be messing around hot-rodding. You should be showing her at tractor shows and parades. The fort has changed so much since you were here last. If you're into outdoor actvities, this is the place to live. Take care.

MissouriThunder

/ MissouriThunder takes message boards by storm #28  
ahhhhh look at the little cute baby tractor <reaches up and pinches it on the cheek> ;)

so what other implements do you have planned?

schmism,
Aside from the loader and 54" 3-pt mower, I want a tooth bar with a lot of teeth and a 3-pt poly salt/seed spreader. This would pretty much round out my little Kubota. You from the St Charles area ?

MissouriThunder

/ MissouriThunder takes message boards by storm #30  
Very nice machine. That is the first pics of Ag's or R1s I have ever seen on a sub compact. How are you liking it ? Looks nice though! I love the decaling of Missouri thunder. Did you do those yourself or have a professional do it ? Welcome to TBN and welcome back to states.:D As for the aluminum canopy you mentioned you gonna have built for it, hopefully you can post some pics for us of the progress.:)