Mitsubishi s-630 d bull

/ Mitsubishi s-630 d bull
Well guys we got the BULL started and tried it, the trans seems to be okay, the engine runs good, but the clutch is gone so were going to pull the engine and see what it needs. Do any of you have some tips on pulling
the engine?

/ Mitsubishi s-630 d bull #12  
Pretty straight forward. Been a while so I don't remember exact details. Block up frontend around bell housing. use a wheeled jack on transmission. Seperate at bell housing to transmission and the clutch is right there. There are places to send clutch to be rebuilt if not in too bad condition. New ones are on ebay. NAPA has throwout bearing. Make sure flywheel is in good shape or you will be doing it again shortly. If you need more info let me know.

thanks I'll give it a try and let you know if I have any questions.

/ Mitsubishi s-630 d bull #14  
Also put some wedges on top of the front axle near the pivot pin so it doesn't flop over when you pull it apart.

Hay guys sorry it took so long to get back to my tractor but we took it apart and got the clutch out, It looks bad but
the flywheel is okay, the entire bell hosing filled with water and the clutch rusted together. So were looking for parts
right now but I could use some help, I need to find the serial number but don't see it any ware so if any of you know
ware to look or have an idea I would appreciate the help, Thanks Tim.

/ Mitsubishi s-630 d bull #16  
Should it not have a 'drip' hole that would prevent water/oil/etc from pooling in the housing?

/ Mitsubishi s-630 d bull #17  
The Beavers have a drain plug in the bell housing you would have to remove to drain, cant speak for this tractor.

yes well it's should have a drain hole or the drain plug like the beaver but we have not looked for a drain yet,
so if its a drain hole it got plugged up and didn't drain, but a drain plug would make more sense in this case.

/ Mitsubishi s-630 d bull #19  
Are you sure you need the serial number? Many times it is not needed to order a clutch. For what it's worth, my Buck (completely different tractor) has an aluminum decal plate on the front left side with the serial number on it. It is also stamped into the side of the steel tube between the bell housing and the transmission. Don't remember which side. Hope this helps but I doubt if the SN is needed.

well I think your right because yesterday I fond a shop in Apple Valley CA. called Just Tractor Parts and they think they can rebuild the clutch for it, but thank you for the help. Tim

Last edited: