Modify forks for 3PH

/ Modify forks for 3PH
... You should update your other thread so we can see how the project came out.

Matt:thumbsup:

?? Do you mean the sawmill project? I had updated that a few weeks ago. It is in the Build it yourself forum.

AKfish, we do not boil our own sap yet, but bring it to a neighbor to swap for syrup. Some year soon I hope to build an arch!

/ Modify forks for 3PH #12  
?? Do you mean the sawmill project? I had updated that a few weeks ago. It is in the Build it yourself forum.

AKfish, we do not boil our own sap yet, but bring it to a neighbor to swap for syrup. Some year soon I hope to build an arch!

No, not the sawmill your house and land development.

/ Modify forks for 3PH #13  
3pt forks are a match made in heaven for something like this application.

For OP that is a far better way to move the tank around, compared to out in front of the loader.

I did mine as well, just a little differently. coupled with a QH and a HTL it's the perfect match. Don't even have to get off the seat to grab the forks.

JB

Attachments

• DSCN0396.JPG
    DSCN0396.JPG
    368.1 KB · Views: 310
  • DSCN0405.JPG
    DSCN0405.JPG
    447.7 KB · Views: 212
   / Modify forks for 3PH #14  
JB
Looking good there.
Now, add the hyd. top link and go beyond the "match made in heaven" :)

Tilt those forks much easier when backing into a pallet, or whatever.

/ Modify forks for 3PH #15  
I recently sold my forklift, and while I was there, bought two of the masts Carriages with forks so I could build a 3pt for the tractor if I needed one at some poiint. One had a sideshift but it may take too much work to make it useable. The other had longer forks and a lot easier to adapt to 3pt use. The forklift/battery place junks out a few forklifts from time to time and tries to keep a carriage or two around for tractor owners.
David from Jjax

/ Modify forks for 3PH #16  
JB
Looking good there.
Now, add the hyd. top link and go beyond the "match made in heaven" :)

Tilt those forks much easier when backing into a pallet, or whatever.

Yup I have it now, wouldn't want to live with out it or the QH.

JB

/ Modify forks for 3PH #17  
These toys look nice! I wish I could make one with one of the sets of my forks. I would prefer to have a Quick Hitch on the back of my tractor to do it and possibly a hydraulic top link. Put it on the back of my 5085M and it would be heaven, I would say. :thumbsup:

But I do prefer JB4310s the best. Not picking favorites but looks easiest to modify on my forks. If I put a piece of tubing behind the mesh I can get my quick hitch in and then add two more pieces of tubing where the forks are.

Me just moving a telephone pole on one of our fields. We bought it but it never suited us ( needed a bigger one ). So we just use it as a gate block off, I know not effective. :mad: It doesn't keep idiots out either. I've seen idiots drop off old fence posts and washing machines on this rental field. Wants me to put my forks through their windshield. Even though it is not my field, I still need to try :laughing: taking care of it. But I have dumped money into tile drainage for this field. Taken in October in the off season where this field is not used. If you look closely into the back you see the "rich" neighbor hood. With the "high" paying jobs. While they treat their farmers like trash.

Attachments

• IMG-20111120-00364.jpg
    IMG-20111120-00364.jpg
    638.8 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
   / Modify forks for 3PH #18  
If I put a piece of tubing behind the mesh I can get my quick hitch in and then add two more pieces of tubing where the forks are.

Not tubing, solid round bar. You probably meant that but just wanted to clarify.

I found the perfect fit at a scrap yard, the upper is a little smaller than the lower, but mine is a snug as a skeeter's tweeter.

JB

/ Modify forks for 3PH #19  
Not tubing, solid round bar. You probably meant that but just wanted to clarify.

I found the perfect fit at a scrap yard, the upper is a little smaller than the lower, but mine is a snug as a skeeter's tweeter.

JB

Does it not slide around? But it looks like you got something for the top of the bar, so a possible no?

/ Modify forks for 3PH #20  
Well, here is what I came up with. I did a test run today with a woods crate we built. That is 40 cubic feet of green sugar maple, which must run upwards of 1600 lbs. With the riders, forks, pallet, chainsaws, logging chains, mauls etc. the total weight is over 2000 for sure. This was a very heavy lift and the hydraulics were whining a bit to take it to full height. The good news is that this is more weight than the sap tank will be so we're in good shape. The center of that load of firewood is about 24" beyond the ends of the lift arms. Is this where the rated load is?

View attachment 250987

View attachment 250986
Nice setup!:thumbsup:

Do you have any pics of your pallet with all the stuff on it?:)