Modify forks for 3PH

/ Modify forks for 3PH #21  
Does it not slide around? But it looks like you got something for the top of the bar, so a possible no?

There is no room for it to move side to side, but maybe an inch or so, (see pic) I have not noticed it move even that little bit.

Also made a goofy contraption just for fun, I had extra loader implement carriers, so I made an adaptor to go on the quick hitch to hold loader implements. I haven't needed it for anything but I guess it could come in handy for someone.

Same simple concept with the round bar stock, had to turn down the ends to fit the carriers pin openings.

JB

Attachments

• DSCN0401.jpg
    DSCN0401.jpg
    341.8 KB · Views: 154
  • DSCN2417.JPG
    DSCN2417.JPG
    995.2 KB · Views: 159
  • DSCN2392.JPG
    DSCN2392.JPG
    989.3 KB · Views: 133
  • DSCN2424.JPG
    DSCN2424.JPG
    990.3 KB · Views: 147
   / Modify forks for 3PH #22  
Well, here is what I came up with. I did a test run today with a woods crate we built. That is 40 cubic feet of green sugar maple, which must run upwards of 1600 lbs. With the riders, forks, pallet, chainsaws, logging chains, mauls etc. the total weight is over 2000 for sure. This was a very heavy lift and the hydraulics were whining a bit to take it to full height. The good news is that this is more weight than the sap tank will be so we're in good shape. The center of that load of firewood is about 24" beyond the ends of the lift arms. Is this where the rated load is?

Looks good, I don't know why the manufacturers haven't caught on and make these forks 3pt compatible. There's 3 different ways of doing it here in this thread they could learn from.
Definitely a better option for carrying heavy loads, compared to the loader. The only limiting factor is the height capability, but for many apps, 3pt lift height is adequate.

Good luck with your sap collection, I've got a 5 pail operation myself :eek:

Sap is flowing down here for the last 3 weeks, crazy weather. But I haven't even tried to collect any since we have no snow and the days are too warm, I have no way to store it for a few days till I can boil it. it will spoil quickly in this weather.

JB

/ Modify forks for 3PH
Just an update on 3520 3PH capacity...we gathered 220 gallons of sap in the tank today. Sap, tank and forks would be around 2200 lbs. It could barely lift this.