Modify walk behind roto tiller

/ Modify walk behind roto tiller #41  
Throckmorton is about 140 miles west of here. I don't believe I've ever been there. And I think the last time I passed through Albany was 45 years ago, on the way to Carlsbad Caverns.

/ Modify walk behind roto tiller
MadMax12: Yes, I did run across this on YouTube. Basically it is the opposite of what I want to do. I have large tillers to prepare the garden, actually I have sandy loam and its does not take much prep once i do my plowing and disking. I am trying to set up for the weeds coming up in the rows between the plants. I really want to do only a very surface disruption to the new emerging weeds after a rainfall. I have not had much success with the pull behind row cultivators, having cut down 1/2 a row of my garden plants. The walk behind tillers either front tine or rear tine do just great but I am trying to by pass the walk and end up riding behind the tiller. I have tillers that work behind my MF 50 diesel (56") as well as a tiller for my Bolens QT 16 (36") but I am trying to keep my rows down to 28" and 56" respectively. Right now I am working on setting up a 24" Arens front tine tiller behind a 28" Snapper riding mower that I just took off the mower deck. I am considering fabricating a row of sweeps to the bracket for the mower deck which I can raise and lower and see the action right below me. This mower is a rear mount motor.

thanks for your response.

docrocky

/ Modify walk behind roto tiller
Seems to me that you are either in Corsicana or Lufkin. In any case it is all God's country. Only one thing more beautiful than the ?State of Texas, the PEOPLE .
DocRocky

/ Modify walk behind roto tiller #45  
I'm not sure I would have made a tiller quite like in the video. However, as mentioned, you will likely want to match the tiller to your riding tractor, so you may wish to widen your tiller slightly (unless you can make the tractor narrower), but perhaps a bit better matched parts than in the video, with all the shields & etc, and no need to leave tires on the modified tiller.

What kinds of things are you planting? Tall or short?

There have been a few topics about multi-row tillers, but I suppose not really for home garden use, unless you were planting a lot of lettuce.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/274543-does-planter-tiller-exist-2.html
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/277172-can-anyone-tell-me-what.html