Mods #3&4 Forward LED light bar and Alley Lights

/ Mods #3&4 Forward LED light bar and Alley Lights #61  
Does anyone else here feel that there may need to be an intervention? I can see the scene... 8 guys from tbn, a box with wires and led lights hastily partially unpacked on the dining room table, and 4 shorts with the shakes, sweating and nervously looking at everyone as they say no more.....

Instead of a box of LEDs I realize it would be a new high amp alternator.. 4 shorts clutching it to his chest. Tbn members trying to convince him it will lead to only mor lights...

What a hoot! :laughing:

Na. It's to late for me. Save yourselves
:laughing:

That's it. Tractor is completed. Just put up a video of it all. 23 Min long but you'll see second hand how bright these lights are. Remember. All these lights aren't on all the time but they could be IF I wanted them to :D

You need a "Dim 'em dam it switch" for those times when some schmuck refuses to dim his lights. You turn on the "Dim 'em dam it" switch and all the lights come on, which melt the schmuck's eyeballs.

/ Mods #3&4 Forward LED light bar and Alley Lights #62  
Gotta admit when you said the video was 23 minutes long I figured it was going to put me to sleep watching it. On the contrary once I started watching it I was totally involved as I feed on these types of upgrades.

As I get older my night vision isn't what it used to be. I also plow our 650' long drive and have to do it in the wee hours of the morning as my wife leaves the house at 6:30 AM weekdays. I am for that reason considering pulling off my snow-plow lights and installing one of the LED light bars as you have shown. I can't believe the comparison of stock versus upgrade lights in your video.

You have one great looking Kubota Paul. Thanks for sharing the video with us. I hope you get lots of seat time this coming winter. :thumbsup:

/ Mods #3&4 Forward LED light bar and Alley Lights #63  
I was traveling thru Newfoundland by RV about 5 years ago when the alternator gave up on us. They told us it was going to take a week to get a new one sent in, but luckily we were able to find a rebuilt unit to get us going again. Watching the video, this all makes sense to me now, Paul has all the alternators on the island stuffed under the hood of his Kubota!

Incredible mods and thanks for sharing them in a video. Any idea how many hours you have in them?

/ Mods #3&4 Forward LED light bar and Alley Lights #64  
Paul, thanks for taking the time to make your video. I would say that you have almost too much lighting going on, but then, you won't be using it all at once, and if it keeps a drunk from running into you, it'll be worth all the effort. I look forward to a video from actual snow removal this winter. Great ideas, great execution!

/ Mods #3&4 Forward LED light bar and Alley Lights #65  
That is one sweet looking tractor Paul.I agree with the LED lighting ,I put a small 24watt one from ebay on my massey gc2400 and I like it.
Thanks for posting your video .

/ Mods #3&4 Forward LED light bar and Alley Lights
What a hoot! :laughing:

You need a "Dim 'em dam it switch" for those times when some schmuck refuses to dim his lights. You turn on the "Dim 'em dam it" switch and all the lights come on, which melt the schmuck's eyeballs.

I'm telling ya. I've had vehicles tailgating me on the road. I'll give them an X-ray if they do it now :laughing:

Gotta admit when you said the video was 23 minutes long I figured it was going to put me to sleep watching it. On the contrary once I started watching it I was totally involved as I feed on these types of upgrades.

As I get older my night vision isn't what it used to be. I also plow our 650' long drive and have to do it in the wee hours of the morning as my wife leaves the house at 6:30 AM weekdays. I am for that reason considering pulling off my snow-plow lights and installing one of the LED light bars as you have shown. I can't believe the comparison of stock versus upgrade lights in your video.

You have one great looking Kubota Paul. Thanks for sharing the video with us. I hope you get lots of seat time this coming winter. :thumbsup:

I really don't like posting long videos. It gets boring if there to long but if I had shortened it I would have left things out and I didn't want to do that :eek:
Glad you enjoyed the video. These vids take so much time to do but it's nice to be able to share ideas and methods of how to do these mods. After all that's what it's all about.
Those LED lights are crazy bright that's why I just had to do the video. Lighting is an issue for most of us tractor owners so the video should help others decide. I appreciate your kind words. Glad you enjoyed the video :thumbsup:

I was traveling thru Newfoundland by RV about 5 years ago when the alternator gave up on us. They told us it was going to take a week to get a new one sent in, but luckily we were able to find a rebuilt unit to get us going again. Watching the video, this all makes sense to me now, Paul has all the alternators on the island stuffed under the hood of his Kubota!

Incredible mods and thanks for sharing them in a video. Any idea how many hours you have in them?

:laughing: I'm alternator hoarder :laughing:
Actually I'm developing a wind turbine to mount on the tractor. Now that will be different :rolleyes:
As for the amount of hours in the mods. I really didn't keep track of them but including design and fabrication it's safe to say hundreds but its sure been fun :) glad you enjoyed the video and thank you for the chuckle :laughing:

Paul, thanks for taking the time to make your video. I would say that you have almost too much lighting going on, but then, you won't be using it all at once, and if it keeps a drunk from running into you, it'll be worth all the effort. I look forward to a video from actual snow removal this winter. Great ideas, great execution!

This week alone there's been two vehicle accidents in my area involving drunk drivers :mad: people will never learn. Like you said Mr. Varmint I'm not using all these lights all the time and its just a hobby of mine to do this sort of thing. Glad you enjoyed seeing the video and I appreciate your kind words on my work. :thumbsup:

That is one sweet looking tractor Paul.I agree with the LED lighting ,I put a small 24watt one from ebay on my massey gc2400 and I like it.
Thanks for posting your video .

Thanks man. Ya LEDS are the way to go. Thank you for posting. Glad you enjoyed the video :thumbsup:

/ Mods #3&4 Forward LED light bar and Alley Lights #67  
Those new LED bars are insane!

/ Mods #3&4 Forward LED light bar and Alley Lights #68  
Watched the whole video. Thanks for the in depth look at the lights.
Definitely something I want to do myself now as well. Maybe not quite as many ;) , but the clear/white LED bars are on the list.

/ Mods #3&4 Forward LED light bar and Alley Lights
Those new LED bars are insane!

Yep, they sure are :thumbsup:

Watched the whole video. Thanks for the in depth look at the lights.
Definitely something I want to do myself now as well. Maybe not quite as many ;) , but the clear/white LED bars are on the list.

Welcome. Glad you got something out of the video. Nice when you can actually see the difference in the video. Ya there's a few lights on the unit but they won't be on all at once. Different lights for different situations.

/ Mods #3&4 Forward LED light bar and Alley Lights #70  
Hi Paul

So I have to admit that when I read about you installing the alley lights I thought even YOU had gone too far this time. Then we got our first snowfall of the season this week and I clear snow for a few friends in our small village which has very few street lights. It is 5:00am, the snow is still falling and the wind is blowing at about 20 mph as I approach a couple of the driveways in the luxurious, heated cab of my L45. I can't even see the driveway entrance clearly let alone the snow in it. Of course I immediately said to myself I need a set of "alley lights". My humblest apologies Paul for even thinking that you had finally gone too far!

On the news last night they were talking about how some over paid rapper is now trying to trademark "YOLO" (You Only Live Once) claiming he invented the acronym and should get royalties on the T-shirts and other items bearing those four letters. Maybe you should contact a lawyer and trademark "Alley lights" as I had never heard the term until you used it. :)

Regards,

Lauren