Montana New Holland TC3045 price help

/ Montana New Holland TC3045 price help #1  

ham

Silver Member
Okay I am pricing a TC3045 New Holland with the new CVT, Cab, dual remotes, R4 tires filled, stereo, rear wiper, loader. My dealer if I go with the 0% deal for 72 months is saying around 44K. That seems pretty hefty to me. What do you guys think?

/ Montana New Holland TC3045 price help #2  
If you want a 45 hp tractor with the most expensive options available on the planet, it will cost a lot of $$$$$.

/ Montana New Holland TC3045 price help #3  
Someone just sent me a PM to ask my opinion about a 2006 model TC45DA - 300 hours, with 16LA quick attach loader, remotes, HST transmission. The asking price for that tractor was $15,000. I think I can safely say that you could buy a used tractor like that and add an air conditioned after-market cab and still be 1/2 the quoted price of the Boomer 3045. An offer of $44k is indeed a "Hefty" price. It should be put into a Hefty bag and set out by the curb.;)

/ Montana New Holland TC3045 price help #4  
Looks like a nice tractor but is about 30% more money than a comparable Deere 4320 cab. If it were me I would much rather have a Deere 4520 cab 60hp or Deere 4720 cab 66hp both with all the goodies and the several thousand dollars in change.

/ Montana New Holland TC3045 price help #5  
I bought what is essentially the HST version of this tractor with similar options two years ago for a bit over 30K. Can't imagine the CVT is hugely more expensive, but haven't priced them out yet. How much do you like your dealer? :eek: Would probably pay off to shop other dealers and maybe colors.

/ Montana New Holland TC3045 price help
Well in general that is how I feel. We are in the midst of a depression..err...recession and these things get built or the parts made in countrys where the individual averages 200$ a year and then they come over here and want top dollar...and they say they lose money...hmmm. Seems like Korean tennis shoes all over again.

I am fortunate to be in a relatively recession proof profession so I try to spread some cash around but I don't want to be gouged. I fear if the companies in this country don't get it that the days of just nailing americans for their cash is over we will see another wave of bankruptcies...but old habits are hard to break. I just bought a new four banger Equinox (real world 30mpg plus) and it is fabulous and the GM dealer couldn't have fallen over himself more to grease the deal and make sure I am happy with the product.
But I digress:)

I am however impressed with the tractor...I am always a bit worried about buying a tractor from a different dealer than the one you have near you...which in Montana is a complete experience in itself...I think I might have to table the idea. I don't see the reason to offer 0% interest if you are just going to jack the price. If you don't have good credit you won't qualify for one of those anyway, so it doesn't seem like much of an inducement from the company...and as near as I can tell its not working. Really it almost comes under the heading of false advertising.

I would consider a Deere if that pricing is true but I run a 469 swather and a small baler and I have been informed their rear end components including PTO won't hold up.

I am looking hard at Massey though.

I might just keep my Cabbed L3710...its a nice tractor. Thoughts welcome.

/ Montana New Holland TC3045 price help #7  
It's counterintuitive, but you might get better price AND performance for your needs by looking at larger tractors. RickB nailed it: maxed-out CUTs are expensive.

You might look at basic cabbed utility tractors in the 50-70 HP range. You'd be giving up CVT (and HST), but folks have done it all with geared tractors for a long time.

Sorry, I don't agree...more than a new diesel Ford Super Duty XL pretty well loaded? No...overpriced. But I did ask for opinions. And I guess you are right I just need a nice tractor. I guess that is why the tractors are not moving.

/ Montana New Holland TC3045 price help #9  
I would consider a Deere if that pricing is true but I run a 469 swather and a small baler and I have been informed their rear end components including PTO won't hold up.

Please expand/elaborate on the information about the rearend and pto failures. This is new to me, and have not heard of this before.
Thanks,

Back in around 2002 when shopping and ultimately buying my L3710 I initially started with John Deere as this is what I grew up with. The Deere dealer at two seperate dealerships, one at Bozeman, and the other at Missoulla both asked me what I would be doing and immediately steered me into the 50 series tractors. They clearly stated John Deere used materials in their rear end on the 40 series that simply were not capable of handling swathers and balers. So I shifted to that size, but of course ended up with the Kubota. My Kubota does get a bit hot in hay season at 95+ but so far has held up well. They made no bones about it.