Montana New Holland TC3045 price help

/ Montana New Holland TC3045 price help #11  
Back in around 2002 when shopping and ultimately buying my L3710 I initially started with John Deere as this is what I grew up with. The Deere dealer at two seperate dealerships, one at Bozeman, and the other at Missoulla both asked me what I would be doing and immediately steered me into the 50 series tractors. They clearly stated John Deere used materials in their rear end on the 40 series that simply were not capable of handling swathers and balers. So I shifted to that size, but of course ended up with the Kubota. My Kubota does get a bit hot in hay season at 95+ but so far has held up well. They made no bones about it.

The fact of the matter is you should have been advised not to run a small square baler with a Class III New Holland either. There isn't a CUT built today that has the PTO driveline strength of a 35-50 HP tractor from the 1950's or 1960's. They are all high speed, low torque, no strength rigs with smooth hoods and nice cupholders.

/ Montana New Holland TC3045 price help #12  
There are folks on TBN that run balers with Deere 4x20 machines. But the moment you mentioned you'd be running a small baler, my mind has been trained to jump to Deere 5xxx or NH T40x0/TN in terms of size/power/weight.

Don't get me wrong, the NH TC3045 and Deere 4x20 are really nice tractors and may well meet your needs. But if you've got the 44K to spend... you might consider a larger tractor.

I love my 45 HP cabbed NH! Yet if I had to do it again... I'd probably get two tractors, one a size up and one a size down. And if I could only afford one tractor, I'd go with the larger one.

/ Montana New Holland TC3045 price help
I should mention I use a IH 37 small baler which has vastly lower requirements on the CUT. I was told and read that NH balers were simply a no no on CUTs. JD maybe. My IH37 makes fabulous little square bales and the women love them for the horses...sell all I make.

/ Montana New Holland TC3045 price help #14  
I should mention I use a IH 37 small baler which has vastly lower requirements on the CUT. I was told and read that NH balers were simply a no no on CUTs. JD maybe. My IH37 makes fabulous little square bales and the women love them for the horses...sell all I make.

The shock loading of the plunger's stroke is not "vastly lower" if I am not mistaken, an IH 37 baler makes a 14x18 bale of whatever length it is set to make. Not unlike the vast majority of NH and Deere small square balers. It is all relative to the amount of crop entering the baler per unit of time.

So far as tractor driveline durability, there is a distinction to be made between what can be done, and what has a reasonable chance of success over the long term.

/ Montana New Holland TC3045 price help
There is a difference born out through experience of real old timers. Size and weight of fly wheel is one. I am now on my ninth harvest of somewhere between 80 and 100 tons of small bale hay/ year, as well as running a swather. I think the Kubota boys would strongly disagree with you about the strength of their rear ends vs the competition...they knew exactly what I intended. But again, frequently warned, do not do NH balers with CUT...I think if you search around the net you will find a few discussions more based on hp per baler etc. The Massey guys don't even blink when I look at the 1652 for a possible replacement today, and again they have seen my hay equipment. I do think you must be a bit careful as to how fast you feed the stuff in there...it takes a bit of common sense but a 469 9' swathe in the west on dry land doesn't usually produce a monumental windrow:)