Montgomery Ward - GREAT prices!

/ Montgomery Ward - GREAT prices!
Rick, Ernie and Bird

If it's any consolation, money spent at Montgomery Ward now that they're in bankruptcy is not going to go to Montgomery Ward, it's going to their creditors who will otherwise get the same shaft you and the current MW employees got.

Agree about JC Penney's. There was just an announcement in the news that Penney's is closing some of their "lower performing" stores. That's one of the early signs....
Gotta wonder how long Sears can hang in there.

18-31084-BillSig2.jpg

/ Montgomery Ward - GREAT prices! #12  
LarryT, I agree with you. In fact, I've been surprised that J. C. Penney is still around. For many years, every time I bought anything, from clothes, to appliances, to tires, I went to J. C. Penney, but after some problems in the mid-70s, well, I don't think I've bought anything from them since 1977.

Bird

/ Montgomery Ward - GREAT prices! #13  
I agree about JC Penney's. I went in there the other day to get some dockers they had on sale. Well of course they didn't have my size so they said they could order them for me. Well they called and said they were in. The price wasn't the sale price and they charged me for shipping!! I said wait a minute those were on sale and she said she could order them for me. They said well that is the dept. store and we're the catalog store. They are both in the same building!!! I told her the other lady told me she could order them for the sale price. She said sorry we don't do that here and she was new and shouldn't have told you that. If we don't have something in stock and you order you pay the catalog price. Then to top the whole thing off I told them I didn't want the pants at that price. She said that was fine but she'd have to charge me for the shipping! Needless to say I see why Penney's is going out of business too.

tractorpic.jpg

/ Montgomery Ward - GREAT prices! #14  
This is the fault of the 杜odern ceo痴 They are only interested in what makes them money , they don稚 care if their company fails. They get a golden parachute, everyone else gets screwed.

/ Montgomery Ward - GREAT prices! #15  
This is the fault of the �odern ceo痴 They are only interested in what makes them money , they don稚 care if their company fails. They get a golden parachute, everyone else gets screwed.
Did you even realize you are ranting about a thread from 2001?

/ Montgomery Ward - GREAT prices! #16  
Wow. Before the post that popped this back up, Cowboydoc made the last post in 2001! Miss ol' Cowboydoc. :(

Later,
Dan

/ Montgomery Ward - GREAT prices! #17  
I was wondering the other day whether MW was still in business. Maybe I jinxed them.

/ Montgomery Ward - GREAT prices! #19  
The good old days! :D WOW a colored TV!!!

/ Montgomery Ward - GREAT prices! #20  
My first tv came from MW.