Loader more lifting capability

/ more lifting capability #1  

dieselbeef

Gold Member
Tractor
bx2200..jd 2010 loader backhoe tractor
i have a bx 2200. . got the fel with it all brand new.

i would like to be able to lift about 1000 lbs with it.
any chance this can be done?
itll do maybe 700 now. how can i raise the hyd press or should i look for bigger lifting cyls
my first post here but im sure of may more to come

thanks

gary

/ more lifting capability #2  
I don't think without other damage it can be done. I put 12 80# bags of concrete in the bucket for transport, the tractor could not lift it but I stacked it in with the bucket at tailgate height to the truck, I broke a tie-rod end turning the steering with that weight in the bucket. These small units will not hold that much weight.

/ more lifting capability #5  
You have a tractor that weighs about 1300 lbs and the FEL adds probably another 4-500. Even if you had a 4-500 lb implement hanging off the back, ballasted tires and 200 lbs for your own beef, you're still in the 2400-2600 lbs range. It was designed to lift about 500, and even that much gives me a pucker factor if I raise the bucket above about hood level. To safely and without damage lift 1000, you really need more tractor.

/ more lifting capability #6  
I am hesitant to say you can lift more, the front end on the BX doesn't seem to be strong enough for routine heavy carrying loads. But if you are looking for more curling power with the bucket for better scooping, you can by adding shims to the relief spring. Since you have a BX2200, I am not sure if the current BX relief is exactly the same place as yours. I bet you if you use the search function using bx pressure or bx relief will show you instructions and locations to compare to yours. ;)

/ more lifting capability #7  
I had a situation where I needed to move a sand bag across my yard and could not lift it with my FEL. Bear in mind, when I say "sand bag", I mean a large aggregate bag filled with well over 1,000# of sand, but less than 1,500#. This was leftover material from a 2 ton delivery I had for my brick paver patio project.

Using the FEL was a non-starter. Even with the BH attached, I'd lift a rear wheel before I got the bag in the air.

I ended up strapping the aggregate sack to the cross-bar of the FEL where the curl cylinder is attached. This gave me tremendous mechanical advantage and allowed me to keep the load closer to the tractor so the rear wheels wouldn't rise.

I skipped the bag across the yard probably 1/16" off the ground going very, very, very slowly. But it worked! Moved a bag that far exceeded the capacities of my machine without destroying my grass. Not something I'd do every day (in fact the bag is still in the same place I moved it to...1.5 years later...I can literally see it on satellite images of my house), but it certainly worked in a pinch.

I have absolutely no clue if that helps you in your situation, but it was a fun story to tell.

/ more lifting capability
well i uess ill keep using the jd 2010 backhoe then..thanks guys..kinda what i figured but hey...ya never know what can be done