Tractor Sizing Most popular size tractor

/ Most popular size tractor #11  
If you go by the US Ag flash reports from the Association of Equipment Manufacturers the biggest numbers sold are under 40 hp.

/ Most popular size tractor
If you go by the US Ag flash reports from the Association of Equipment Manufacturers the biggest numbers sold are under 40 hp.

Ok, so now it's down to tractors that use 48", 54", 60", 66" and 72" loaders and implements. Now if we can narrow that down to maybe 2 or 3 of these sizes. ;)

/ Most popular size tractor #13  
With bigger farms and tree nursery/farms around here the HP numbers are scewed a bit. But most of the big farms have a "smaller" tractors to run loading/unloading augers, drainage pumps, mowing, fencing and feeding chores, loader work in barns 50HP on down gets a good part of that. On the tree farms and nursery acreage due to fitting down narrow rows of trees and seedlings 30HP on down is popular.

/ Most popular size tractor #14  
Most often sold? Hmmm.

Attachments

• tractor.bmp
    810.5 KB · Views: 352
   / Most popular size tractor #15  
I live in the heart of the corn and soybean country, and I know alot of 200+hp machines are being sold, but they tend to last a long time and are kept going for a long time, usually many thousands of hours. I would bet that almost every farm around here of any size has at least 1 machine that is 200 or more hp and sometimes 2. On the other hand, they also often have a machine that is 40-150 hp, so they are very common. I think very few farms around here use SCUT or CUT size units, thats more of the home owners, small acreage, hobby farmer kind of thing.

/ Most popular size tractor #16  
Thanks for your replies, but I think that some of you might be misunderstanding my question. I am not asking what is the best all around size. My question is what is the most common size that is sold. I don't care if someone has a 100hp machine on one acre:eek: and someone else has an 18hp that they use on their 40 acres. I was just wondering what is the most common size tractor that people buy?

LOL, I suppose you can literally say that I just 'bought the farm'. Almost figuratively and literally. With my 80 hp tractor I found an old cistern I didn't know existed. I believe I'm going to have to get me another tractor because my other "tractors" are actually dedicated mowing machines. Now that I bought my wife's grandparent's old farm, I probably need an additional smaller tractor for some of the tight areas there. I don't recall the hp it had, but the JD 4600 tractor I had several years ago seemed to be a good size for most chores. Sure, it won't do what my 80 hp (PTO) tractor will, but it definitely doesn't weigh as much either.

/ Most popular size tractor #17  
Thanks for your replies, but I think that some of you might be misunderstanding my question. I am not asking what is the best all around size. My question is what is the most common size that is sold. I don't care if someone has a 100hp machine on one acre:eek: and someone else has an 18hp that they use on their 40 acres. I was just wondering what is the most common size tractor that people buy?
Hard to get a straight answer?

/ Most popular size tractor #19  
its little offtopic
but i use a same frutteto II 75 and a fiat store 402 (and i had a mf135 until the engine broke 40years)

im from greece

/ Most popular size tractor
Hard to get a straight answer?

Seems like it.:( Maybe just confused? :confused: Do I need to rephrase the question?

[Must have a lot of free time or else wants to develop the most salable tractor.[/quote]

Yes, some research.