Most Useful Minor Additions to Tractor

/ Most Useful Minor Additions to Tractor #1  

lakngulf

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30
I was working at the farm/hunting land over the last couple of days. Trying to catch up on a lot of little projects since I had been sidelined for a few weeks after knee surgery. As I moved from item to item I thought about the useful items I have on the tractor. Just having the little 30hp "bull dozer" is handy enough but a few additions help a lot, and most of the ideas I got from helpful folks on this forum. What minor additions have you added that really come in handy? Here are four of mine

1. Larger toolbox. This is a simple Plano tackle box I picked up at Home Depot or Academy sports. Drilled a couple of holes in the bottom and attached. Really great to have tools when you need them.

2. Better use of the small toolbox. The little box works great for small items like sunglasses, cell phones, etc. Word of caution = careful what part of bolt is left in the box after installation. The top of my bolts were just right to scratch the surface of my cell phone.

3. Tooth Bar on front end loader. I have so many projects that include moving limbs and stumps, or just moving soil. My box blade comes in handy but for simple items the tooth bar adds so much power to the dig. Also great to just touch the surface and moves limbs/stumps without too much top soil. Great addition.

4. Chain hooks. The previous owner had these installed when he first bought the tractor. I am so glad he did, as they were quite handy yesterday to pull old T posts from the ground, and to hook up an old shed for a move. Mine are on each arm, but some have one in the center of the bucket.

Last edited:
   / Most Useful Minor Additions to Tractor #2  
No pictures with this reply, but I swear it all happened! My most favorite little customizations to my tractor (in no particular order) ... Halogen worklights-one pointed front and one back, 3 point trailer mover type drawbar with 3/8" hook welded on to get the ends of logs off the ground when skidding from factory drawbar. Hoping for top and tilt this year if budget allows and CEO approves!

/ Most Useful Minor Additions to Tractor #3  
Hydraulic top link with a Quick Hitch was a time saver for me.

/ Most Useful Minor Additions to Tractor #4  
This is a super simple little thing but to me a lot of bang for the buck - A rear view mirror. I spend a lot of time loading logs on my truck with the grapple. After I load a log I back to the log pile. Now I can back looking in the mirror while setting up the grapple position to grab the next log off the pile. Being able to see both ways just gives you more confidence so you can be more efficient. The mirror is also handy watching for traffic on the road which is why I put it there. The grapple work was an extra large bonus I hadn't thought of.

RearViewMirror4.JPG

/ Most Useful Minor Additions to Tractor #5  
I'd say the Quick Hitch is a real back (spine) saver for me, as well as a time saver. Of course the bucket hooks were a quick and inexpensive add on.

/ Most Useful Minor Additions to Tractor #6  
That is a great one GG. That is one that I want to do soon. I don't spend much time on the road, but anything you can do to improve your ability to see trouble coming is time/money well spent!

This is a super simple little thing but to me a lot of bang for the buck - A rear view mirror. I spend a lot of time loading logs on my truck with the grapple. After I load a log I back to the log pile. Now I can back looking in the mirror while setting up the grapple position to grab the next log off the pile. Being able to see both ways just gives you more confidence so you can be more efficient. The mirror is also handy watching for traffic on the road which is why I put it there. The grapple work was an extra large bonus I hadn't thought of.

View attachment 456891

/ Most Useful Minor Additions to Tractor #7  
Another one I want to do this coming spring is a water temp meter for the dash. Anyone out there consider that one of their best add-ons?

/ Most Useful Minor Additions to Tractor #8  
If a "major" addition would be something like a loader or a backhoe...I'd consider adding additional hydraulics as minor (if "minor" does not necessarily equate to cost) they would be at the top of my list for usefulness...I've added 3 rear and one forward remote sets of QDs...

Currently on hold...I have a fiberglass canopy I'm fabricating with integrated light bars and console...which correlates to a 40 amp alternator upgrade I've also just been procrastinating on getting completed...

A couple of very simple but useful things I've added are a water bottle holder and a large clevis on the drawbar...

on the (tractor) bucket list is someway to utilize the front pto for other than a mmm or snow blower etc...but don't really know what for...I've seen some auxiliary alternator/generator mods...but I've also thought about a mid mount sickle bar...

/ Most Useful Minor Additions to Tractor
I agree with others GG. This is a good idea, and one I have thought about but not implemented. Do you have it just on one side?

View attachment 456891

/ Most Useful Minor Additions to Tractor #10  
I agree with others GG. This is a good idea, and one I have thought about but not implemented. Do you have it just on one side?

Just the left but nothing wrong with both sides I can see.

gg