Most Useful "Non-implement" Tractor Accessories

/ Most Useful "Non-implement" Tractor Accessories #71  
Re: Most Useful \"Non-implement\" Tractor Accessories

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Farmers' don't grease anything, they wait until it seizes and then moan about it )</font>

You may have a point there, Daryl. I know of a John Deere dealer who says, "Nobody abuses and fails to maintain equipment worse than a farmer with equipment still in warranty." /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Most Useful "Non-implement" Tractor Accessories #72  

my uncleused to not change the oil in his tractors, just added oil when they needed it, would only grease something when it made noise. then compalin when it broke down. he was not totally machinery deficient tho, before i had my own tractor i used to use his to clear snow(old ford) first time i would go over to get it to do his drive and mine, never had the chains on, so i would put them on. asked him one day whya don't u put the chains on before u need them? much easie for u to do when it is not cold and snowy, his ans. " easier to let you do it" /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Most Useful "Non-implement" Tractor Accessories #73  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ( Farmers' don't grease anything, they wait until it seizes and then moan about it )

You may have a point there, Daryl. I know of a John Deere dealer who says, "Nobody abuses and fails to maintain equipment worse than a farmer with equipment still in warranty." )</font>

I have to agree. I got my NH 1920 due to a situation such as that. Owner ( farmer ) purchased my 1920 new... never changed the air filter, and brought it back under warranty when it ran bad, and got anohter tractor.. NH dealer had to rebuild the engine, then sell at a loss....( which I was happy to help them with /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif ) It has been a great tractor for me from day one.

Soundguy

/ Most Useful "Non-implement" Tractor Accessories #74  
Re: Most Useful \"Non-implement\" Tractor Accessorie

When growing up on the farm the equipment all got oils changes right on schedule and regular stops to grease and adjust.

Me thinks a fellow with 1/2 a million or more equipment just might look after it. Exspecially when he's tied into a tight schedule for planting, haying and harvesting. And if he misses a two week window there ain't no going back.

Egon