Most Useful "Non-implement" Tractor Accessories

/ Most Useful "Non-implement" Tractor Accessories #51  
Re: Most Useful \"Non-implement\" Tractor Accessories

Steering wheel spinner, Trailer, Air powered grease gun and Hooks on the FEL bucket.

/ Most Useful "Non-implement" Tractor Accessories #52  

Okie and Dozer,

This isn't funny!!!! Like this is two winters in a row. Two years ago before I had the tractor, we had a record snow fall in our a area. I plowed everything with a 4 wheeler and couldn't keep up with it nor did I have the space to put it anymore. The 4 wheeler with the blade just couldn't move it anymore. Now I got a tractor and no snow.

But I did notice that just maybe, if the temp would get up to around 35 the grass may start growing again and will need mowing. Looks like the best option right now.

Murph

/ Most Useful "Non-implement" Tractor Accessories #53  

For Y2K and personal use I got a PTO 40K generator.
Best investment I have made, the electric hasn't been OFF since /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Most Useful "Non-implement" Tractor Accessories #54  

Tim

Tell me some more about your generator. I am interested in getting one also. Our power company tends to drop out electricity about once every month for a about 6 or 7 hours. We are in the country but it is a new development with all new underground lines and we still loose our power. The big thing is I would like to be able to get the Shared Well running and my house I guess.

Murph

/ Most Useful "Non-implement" Tractor Accessories #55  

Saw ad in local paper, widow dairy farmer had to sell stuff so
I called and picked it up next day.
$1500 on its own trailer and pto shaft plus it's a Generac (namebrand).
Sinc I got constuction business and farm I always fill fuel
tanks late in fall ,before price increase,about 2000 gal.+
So I have plenty of fuel and I was going to set tractor in
polebarn and backfeed house( I know all about disabling
incoming power).
It just sits in heated garage itching to power the neighborhood /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Most Useful "Non-implement" Tractor Accessories #56  

Rear worklights that swivel - always seem to be out in the dark.

/ Most Useful "Non-implement" Tractor Accessories #57  
Re: Most Useful \"Non-implement\" Tractor Accessorie

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( "Mack's Kidz sized ear plugs" are a WalMart item.)</font>

I've used something similar on our 11 month old son when flying in our Cessna 172 (from the time he was about 3 months old). I could not find kid-sized plugs, so we bought the adult sized. They were about the consistency of putty. We divided one of the adult balls of "putty" in half and used half in each ear. We were told by our pediatrician NOT to use the adult "in-the-ear" foam plugs on an infant, even if we cut them down to size. She did not want us pushing something into his ear. These putty plugs have good noise reduction, and are intended to plug up the outer ear.

So far, it has worked well. The plane is a lot louder than our tractor. I've tried them out myself and find the noise reduction similar (or even slightly better) to what we get with our older passive aviation headsets (nothing matches the new headsets with electronic noise cancelling).

John Mc

/ Most Useful "Non-implement" Tractor Accessories #58  

I would have to say it's my farmer neighbor! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif These guys have a big apple orchard, use the big rigs for everything, and are willing to help out neighbors when they need it. I called one of them one day when I had accidentally put the front wheels in the ditch, had no weights on the back, and was stuck as stuck can be. He said, "Sure no problem.. but it might be a while before I can get there. Is 15 minutes okay?"

You gotta love these guys!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Next most favorite "attachment" is a full ski mask, heavy coat I bought in Canada when it was 40 below, and heavy duty mittens. Gloves just don't make it.. you have to have mittens to keep from freezing your fingers off on those days when it's so cold that your mustache freezes solid and breaks off. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I would also add the rear dirt scoop. Load sand tubes into it, and you've got a thousand or so pounds on the back end. Unload them, back up, and you've got the poor man's FEL, and I keep a bucket full of chains and ropes in it too so I can pull people out of ditches (or they can pull me out!) /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Most Useful "Non-implement" Tractor Accessories #59  

I'm not sure of the order of importance, but my list also includes the pressure washer along with the air compressor, grease gun, and shop vac. I use the grease gun the most often.

/ Most Useful "Non-implement" Tractor Accessories #60  

That's hilarious. My dad's also "folicly challenged" and always has new scratches and scars on his head...