Mostly scrap built (but still awesome) land plane

/ Mostly scrap built (but still awesome) land plane #121  
How about a pic of the rig that swamper came off of.

/ Mostly scrap built (but still awesome) land plane
It was a spare I kept around for my Jeep that I sold this passed spring

03 TJ with Chevy 6.0, 4L65E, 241OR, Shaved 14 bolt with detroit, F350 Dana 60 with ARB, 4.56s, 40" Krawlers, comp cut, about 6" stretch, tube fenders... 1" body lift, about 6" suspension lift.

I had it for 8 years... built it up from stock. It just became too much of a money pit, and wasn't very street friendly anymore... so I sold it and bought a fourwheeler. Now I'm wanting to get into another little offroad project. I'm thinking a reg cab 1/4T truck... or maybe a 2 door Blazer. Something to take family & friends in the trails behind the house. Just picked up a set of 36" Iroks although I was thinking of picking up some Michelin XML's like the ones on the trailer above. ($60 each army surplus)... just need everything else. LOL

/ Mostly scrap built (but still awesome) land plane #123  
Very nice looking rig! I hear ya on the non- street friendly deal. I took my FJ40 from a dead stock to a trailer friendly rock crawler over a period of five years or so. I wheeled it all over the Southwest for over ten years before moving here to Texas. After having the Hammers and a lot of other trails within an hour or so, it wasn't quite the same here so I sold it. The only thing I kept was the Premier Power Welder. I plan on putting it in something someday...but who knows.

/ Mostly scrap built (but still awesome) land plane #124  
it's dangerous to have somebody ride back there in the dust etc. colin must also work as a crash dummy.
Ovrszd,

OMG your serious about a rider? Have Collin find and fill out an application for a Darwin. That would be history to have the application filled out in advance.

A man had his kids ride in the bucket of a Bobcat. They bounced out, he ran over them, and they are dead. Do you think he fells like an idiot now?

What would be an indicator of even lower IQ is if people told him it could happen but he ignored them anyhow.

I think this post must be a plant to see you gullible people can be.

Joke must be on us!

/ Mostly scrap built (but still awesome) land plane
it's dangerous to have somebody ride back there in the dust etc. colin must also work as a crash dummy.

No, he's not, but he's not afraid to take calculated risks. He also climbs ladders, drives a car 60mph, AND uses sharp utensils! :rolleyes:

On a serious note, the grader's already too heavy for the fourweeler, so adding the passenger is off the table. It may be back on once I get an SUV or truck to tow it.