Motor oil and other fuel additives

/ Motor oil and other fuel additives
yea i know what balance rates are :p

my truck is a 2005 LiLLY

not an overheater, no problems with electronics, not a single problem. must have gotten lucky ;)

yea i've seen (read) a few guys have problems with the injector control harness. even a guy had a fluke with the FICM, but i don't think it's wide-spread.

what i did to prevent the 'rub through' on some of the wiring harnesses is cut the ziptie, wrap it in heater hose or pipe insulation (foam) and ziptie in back into place. problems happen to those who don't prepare for them.

been a really good truck to me though, and we'll see what this crud i'm pouring in there does one day.

superdiesel (not here, the one from dieselplace.com) has been running large (way higher doses than me) in his fuel (including used and filtered motor oil/hydro/2stroke/atf/ect) for many thousands of miles. he lives in alaska to boot. i also contacted him recently about this subject (oils in tractor fuel) and he told me that he runs the same setup (30-40% IIRC oils) in his JD4020.

if it was a HUGE no-no, problems would have already arised.....maybe. he has an LB7, and has not replaced one injector.

so, how you like changing LLY injectors after a day of changing LB7 injectors? ;)

/ Motor oil and other fuel additives #22  
I have only had to replace a couple lly injectors and they werent to bad to work on, now the egr sucks !!!! its like they make one thing easier and 10 things harder that pay less.
You have a great truck, everyone has their problems, ford, john deere,gm,dodge, kubota. I dont think they make a stock truck that can touch yours and the new ones "anyone got a house to move?" When you open the hood of that jd its like a step back 10 years. I treat my kubota like an old 6.5 fuel system, i hate to see the day when our tractors make 23k psi, have cat's on them and a egr. I was doing some research on another post about diesel fuel coposition and read a thing talking about how much better the european diesel is than ours. I wonder if our tractors are tested in chintractorayan using this fuel? If it gets the work done and runs when ya need it then who cares, lol. I like the idea of biofuel, i like the idea of an engine that will burn just about anything thats good info. I wonder if its all epa propaganda and those dang california lab rats who die from everything,lol. Take a military H1 that thing runs on jet fuel or whatever is around, thats a 6.5 and im not sure but i heard it was gettin a d-max. So i took my gm hat off for a minute and steped out of the shop to ponder this and I have to say anything you can do to stick it to the oil companies and not jack up your truck sounds good.
smoke em if ya got em but I guess in your case burn it if it burns,lol

lol!

that's a good way to put it!

the egr sure did give the intake a nice film of crud that took 2 cans of brake cleaner to remove. that was 1000 miles with it still EGR'in. i then blocked it. also rerouted the PCV to the atmosphere. oh, and i took off the CAT. don't tell the EPA ;) have you worked on or been around the LBZ or LMM?

i guess if it burns it burns. we'll see how it goes. filling up a truck with straight #2 seems boring to me. i like to tinker with stuff i guess. probably going to be the downfall of my duramax... :D

biodiesel is what i'm banking on. everyone should be doing it! ~$500 to get started making your own, plus you're sticking it to bigoil. if all else fails i can fall back on my beloved 'griesel'

what's your truck?

/ Motor oil and other fuel additives #24  
worked on all of em i think all though i dont know what a LMM Is. As for my ride i drive a 2007 sierra 6.0 GAS !!! Its all i need for now 367 hp, displacement on demand, with a 10,500 towing capacity out of a 1/2 ton. When your hands and most of your body smells like diesel everyday for years the last thing i want to smell is diesel in any form on my home. Maybe one day ill buy a bigger tractor and a truck to pull it with but for now the 6.0 is great. There were certain years of 6.5's that had egr and those were the most carboned up nasty intakes i ever had to mess with. Oh and venting your engine to the atmosphere good idea, otherwise you will begin to notice oil around your turbo hose at the innercooler, I wonder if there is going to be a innercooler down the road that was full of oil and ran away on someone, hmmm.

smell that diesel, nope i smell money !!!

LMM is the next generation duramax. 2007.5, and will replace the LBZ. they will feature a DPF and all that non-sense.

the 6.0 is a great engine. i think they are fazing out the 8.1 too. which is a good idea, because it got worst mpg than the dmax and couldnt pull as much :eek:

2007 huh.... i like the new styling of those. especially the GMCs. my trucks a gmc also.

/ Motor oil and other fuel additives #26  
nosliw said:
LMM is the next generation duramax. 2007.5, and will replace the LBZ. they will feature a DPF and all that non-sense.

the 6.0 is a great engine. i think they are fazing out the 8.1 too. which is a good idea, because it got worst mpg than the dmax and couldnt pull as much :eek:

2007 huh.... i like the new styling of those. especially the GMCs. my trucks a gmc also.

3rd 6.0 and i love them the new one is like going from a 5.7 r to a 6.0. way more power and pretty darn quick. I couldnt wait long enough to get a 3/4 ton with the new 6.2 i had to be one of the first to have the new truck, lol. ordered it the first day it was available and waited for almost 3 months for it to get here.
I wasnt aware of the rpo code of that motor, lmm, i did hear that they were so hot when they first started engineering them that they would melt the street, so they put a ventury in it to bring it down a bit in temp. Im sure people will be yanking those off as soon as they get the truck so hurry up and design a product that fools the puter into thinking its still there and make some money,lol
As for the 8.1 it will be around for a long time just may not be seen as much, there are still alot of fleet companies who run gas and you know gm has to always have a bad azz big block for those who want one,lol.
get you green machine yet?
killed a big coyote last night might make 50 lbs woohoo

Yahoo! Photos - workinallthetime's Photos - kubota bx23 2005 model
mostly pics of tooth bar i built but the truck and the coyotes are there to
have a good one

oh it'll be fun finding ways to trick the ECM with the new trucks. no problem with EFIlive though i bet.

nope, no green machine. friggin' dealer informed me that there are no loader arms for it in WA, so it'll be a couple weeks. which is lame, because i have a road to build, and now have to hire someone to do it :rolleyes: should at least be able to score some chain and hooks from the dealer for the hassle though

nice orange machine, those teeth are gnarly. nice kill too.

i think it's pretty safe to say that this thread has gotten a bit off topic :D

/ Motor oil and other fuel additives #28  
off topic umm ahh ill use the kubota running on #2 diesel with performance stanadyne additive in the fuel to burry the coyote (-his pelt),lol. Put some teeth on that deere and watch it dig, i was amazed at what they did for my little bota. I used it the other day to resurface some gravel drives worked way bettter than a box blade at fluffing up the gravel. i built my bar for 191.00 bucks, the teeth are about twice the size as what you can buy on most prefab tooth bars. works great for moving brush to with those long k9's hanging out there.
hopefully tonight his (the coyote) buddy will come back for some more free food

how are the teeth at letting the bucket curl under sod and 'push' it in the bucket? that's what i was planning on doing. that, or puting the bucket in curl so the teeth are down and take most the weight off the front end, and drive around in reverse to tear the stuff up so i can scoop it up easier w/ the bucket.

thoughts?

see? back on topic cause we're talkin about tractors :D

/ Motor oil and other fuel additives #30  
ok havent tried any sod yet but with the clay around here the motion of the material is about the same as sod. Just a slight angle to get in and then level off to roll the stuff into the bucket. I have found that i actually have more control over the amount of material i remove with the teeth on than with them off. another bonus is i can still "back drag" with the kubota k9's on. I am kicking my self all over the place for not doing this befor. now if you live in an area where there is nice lose soil and easy to dig in you might not need them at all, but round here its rocks and clay. i actaully would clear sod befor with my backhoe because i could control the depth and see exactly what i was doing, and it did alot better job. I think if i was clearing a driveway now id just let the teeth do the work and be done in 1/4 the time. When I did those driveways it was like having a boxblade mounted to the front, ripped up the gravel and graded it all with the bucket and my neck didnt hurt when i was done, i have major neck problems due to sticking my head through to many windshields and pile drivin off dirt bikes,lol.

send me a message if you plan on building your own and I will give you all the info for the tooth making foundry.

time to go check the range and see if coyotes like left over chili,lol