Mounting Backhoe on Mahindra Max 28xl

/ Mounting Backhoe on Mahindra Max 28xl
Since it was mentioned by stimw, what would the consequences of having contaminated fluid be? Damaged hydraulic pump? Or a plugged filter? I've always wondered what would happen.

/ Mounting Backhoe on Mahindra Max 28xl #12  
If you are going to use the tractor hydraulics to run the backhoe, you won't be using the tank on the backhoe. Your return line from the backhoe will have to T into the loader return line.

Is there anyway I can keep the tank in use? From what i've read on this forum more fluid=cooler fluid. I may not be calling the hoses right. The ones I am planning on tying into the power beyond circuit are the two hoses that connected to the backhoe pump, suction and pressure hoses. I was trying to keep the reservoir on the backhoe in service if possible. But if its going to be a major pain I wont fool with it.

/ Mounting Backhoe on Mahindra Max 28xl #14  
Trash in the oil is not good but water is just as bad. Nothing steel in the hydraulic system is safe from rust.
I don't know how you could use the Hoe tank and the tractor hydraulics without going through a lot of trouble.
My Branson has a 15 gallon hydraulic sump and I haven't had problems with heat.

I just took pics of my subframe. I used 2" X 3" box tubing. If you look at the frame inside the main rails that is the original Jinma S F.
You can see the mounts that go to the axle brackets on the tractor.

Attachments

• Branson 001.jpg
    Branson 001.jpg
    745.5 KB · Views: 357
  • Branson 002.jpg
    Branson 002.jpg
    727 KB · Views: 329
Ok, so I need to connect the suction and pressure hoses into the power beyond circuit and then connect the tank return hose to a tank return on the tractor? The backhoe is plumbed different than anything else i've messed with. It has 2 large hoses going to the reservoir. One goes between the valve block and the reservoir. The other runs between the reservoir and the pump suction. Looks like i'll be at a standstill until I get some hose fittings installed.

I was thinking that just tying in the 2 pump hoses would leave the tank in service and still power the backhoe. I'm not arguing because I don't know what the heck i'm doing, I just don't quite understand.

/ Mounting Backhoe on Mahindra Max 28xl #17  
The hose from the pump to the Hoe is the pressure/supply hose.
The hose from the Hoe to the tank is the return hose.
The hose from tank to pump, the tank and pump are not needed.
If you look at the area where my two hoses plug into each other, I used the Jinma bolt on pump flange and bolted it to a fitting that I made to convert the return line to US Pipe fittings. Return is lower pressure.

Ok. I get it now. Thanks for explaining. I welded a fitting to convert my pressure hose to 3/8 schedule 80 pipe. It held up good and I actually operated the outriggers until hydraulic fluid poured out of the tank on the backhoe lol. I will get a hose made Tuesday and a bucket of hydraulic fluid for the tractor and get back at it. I really appreciate all the insight from people who have dealt with what i'm doing. Thanks alot everybody! Hopefully next weekend i'll be digging with my new setup! I have alot of work for it.

Stimw, do you have any kind of toplink on your subframe setup or is it all resting on the 2x3 tubing? Does it attach to the tractor with just 2 bolts?

/ Mounting Backhoe on Mahindra Max 28xl #20  
Yes I do use the top link and it really makes it rigid when I unscrew it to tighten it up. I made a bracket on the Hoe for it.
The outriggers won't lift my tractor but they do make it stable and I put the FEL bucket down which helps.
I have found that the boom right/left is kinda weak.
Also when I can't pull the bucket in because it doesn't have enough power in the dirt I can tuck the bucket and it will scoop. When dumping if you set the bucket in the pile of dirt then uncurl it you can push the dirt pile farther away making more room.
I've had a lot of fun with mine and got some work done too.