Mounting Backhoe on Mahindra Max 28xl

/ Mounting Backhoe on Mahindra Max 28xl
Update:
I have the hydraulics connected. Everything functions well on the backhoe. A couple hoses are connected on the wrong side of the valve. No big deal there. Now, maybe subframe construction can start. I have about 25 square feet of 1/4" plate. Can I double that up to substitute buying 1/2" plate? I'm trying to use materials already on hand if at all possible.

Update:
I found some 1/2" plate metal in a trash pile. It is in usable condition. I have decided to make a ladder type subframe. Hopefully construction can start tomorrow or Saturday. I'll try to take pics time permitting.

/ Mounting Backhoe on Mahindra Max 28xl #23  
One problem I have is the subframe makes ground clearance tighter.
I hope you mean laddering sideways not up and down.

Ladder type from what i've read in other posts is the same type you have Stimw. I found a picture of the subframe for a mahindra 2516, so I believe I will try to copy that as it is the same size tractor as mine. It has a long rod on the drawbar hitch that the rear of the subframe rests on. The front of the subframe attaches to the front end loader bracket close to the front wheels. It looks simple enough to build. We'll see!

I started on the subframe Saturday and finished it Sunday. I had to make a few revisions to the mahindra design I was trying to emulate but it turned out good. Looks decent and so far it works really well. I dug up a 10" diameter oak stump in about an hour and it never skipped a beat! Thanks for all the advice and pictures. I will add some pictures of it this weekend if I get a chance.

/ Mounting Backhoe on Mahindra Max 28xl #26  
Looking forward to the pics as I'm about to build a subframe for my bushhog bh to go on my 3616

Here are a few pictures of the subframe I built. I put a coat of paint on it and snapped some pictures. There's one picture of the drawbar with a 7.5 inch long piece of cold roll welded to it. The two ears on the back of the subframe slip over the cold roll. Then I can pick the backhoe boom up and it is pinned to two half inch plates I welded to the front end loader crossmember. This is the same concept Mahindra uses to mount a backhoe on the 2516. I also made a short toplink for a little extra insurance. I don't have to remove the 3 point arms to attach it. I do have to disconnect the lift arms from the 3 point arms and they lay on top of the outriggers. I have removed 2 pine stumps, an oak stump, and 3 small sweetgum stumps so far and had no trouble other than a small hydraulic leak which is now fixed.

ForumRunner_20130523_213510.png

ForumRunner_20130523_213453.png

ForumRunner_20130523_213429.png

/ Mounting Backhoe on Mahindra Max 28xl #28  
That's the same concept I have been contemplating. My BH came off a Kubota and it still has the subframe on it, therefore we are gonna cut it down and mount it somewhat the same way as you did. I will post pics this weekend after the project is complete.